B.O.V with a wastegate????

You can use both if you want i think its best to run both not to keen on realising pressure into the system id rather it go into the atmosphere but if you want to just run off the wastgate then you can block off the vac pipe for the .bov on the inlet..Im sure people will have different views on this so just go with what you think is best :)

As above can run it either way some people claim it shortens the life of the turbo if u don't run a bov as it stalls the turbo blades when the pressure surges back out of the turbo. But no one can realy prove it I've done it both ways had no issues with either

BOV and wastegate are completely unrelated but often get confused.

A wastegate is what opens when your turbo reaches whatever boost pressure it is set to run at, it allows excess exhaust gas to bypass the turbine to avoid over boosting/over speeding the turbo.

A blow off valve releases pressure in the intake system, when you take your foot off the accelerator the throttle plate closes. The air in your intake system between the turbo and throttle body now wants to escape, but the only place it can go is back out through the turbo. This is what causes "chatter" but can also be bad for the turbo, but I doubt a little bit of boost on a CT9 is going to do any damage..

Edited by ste91

lol, so many threads about the whole its bad/but there is no real evidence etc

as you said, seeing as though im only running .7 through a ct9 hybrid i very much doubt it would cause much damage if any! im sure people are running hefty turbo's without a B.O.V and have had no problems?

lol, so many threads about the whole its bad/but there is no real evidence etc

as you said, seeing as though im only running .7 through a ct9 hybrid i very much doubt it would cause much damage if any! im sure people are running hefty turbo's without a B.O.V and have had no problems?

A CT9 should be fine, if it fucks up just buy a TD04. ;)

i think i might remove the B.O.V to be honest, its only a baileys one so i doubt it would make much difference wether its there or not
:lol:

and when i come round to doing it, what can i use to block up the hole on the intercooler pipes?

aha, nice one cheers mate :)

i thing that would look a bit better in my bay than the end of a broom ;) lol

so i would just basically take the B.O.V out of the silicone reducer i have on the pipe and stick one of these in instead?