cant expect a 10+ year old car to handle like its on rails....

throw some money towards a decent setup and im sure it will put a big smile on your face, as above get some parts brought!

Something isn't right with it then, the starlet was the most predictable car I have ever driven. If the back came out at that you either threw it into the corner too fast, you rear tyres are poor, you let off the gas, the road was greasy or just driver fail!

the back end only comes out on my starlet if i turn in hard and lift off, otherwise its more understeery and very predictable.

you could of hit a bump? or braked hard before turning in ( unbalancing car)

^^^^^^^THIS!

Everyone knows starlets understeer, then you let of slightly, back steps, and power out of it!

At 80 you were lucky not to have totalled it

If you want helpful answers stop being so vague..... <_<

As above, these cars don't oversteer unless something is amiss - most likely the rear tires. Mine is oversteering like a mofo just now as I've swapped the winter tires onto rear only (the understeer and lack of traction was getting boring) - very interesting handling in the wet!

The main thing to improve the handling is good tires after that a rear anti roll bar makes a huge difference with them.

I agree a better set up is required if u are attempting corners at 80mph I'm running D2 racing coilovers 40mm lowered and very stiff , front anti roll bar and strut brace and rear anti roll bar and strut 15inch rims wrapped In toyo proxie T1R's

• 1 month later...