very bad feedback nazzuro 19

right as you may have seen earlier in the week about my massive smoking problems i found out exactly what it was, basically number 4 piston fell apart in my hand and the amount of damage that the piston had couldnt have been done with how long i have owned it ( 2 weeks ) or drove it, when i bought the car the engine was already up to running temp amn no smoke so everything seemed fine, but the next morning when it was cold it did smoke quite a bit but i didnt think anything of it but threw the week it got worse and worse until i couldnt drive it so i decided to investigate, the person i bought the car off is called nazzuro 19 on the forum i didnt here very good feedback before i bought the car about him, i have asked him for some compensation but he said no, when i was exting him about the car before i bought it we agreed on a price but without knowing about the wheel bearing needing to be changed some other bits and bobs, but that is still not the point i payed £2200 for a car i have owned for 2 weeks and a couple of days and havent been able to drive it much because of what has happened, i hope that everyone see's this and kaybe just maybe i will get some compesation out of it

Edited by Jhandy

sorry but im changing the colour of that text lol really hard to read

Nazzuro is a very active member on here and from what i know a good seller. 2 questions i have really. 1) was it smoking badly when you went to see it and 2) if theres all these things wrong with it i.e wheel bearing etc didnt you notice this when you test drove it/gave it a once over?

Just wondering really if it was sold as seen then theres not much that can be done unfortunatly for you

we knocked him down on price because of wheel bearing, and no it only smoked when it was cold and it was getting worse threw the week and when it was getting warm also, and no it was no sold as seen

Unfortunately its one of the risks with buying a car, being an internal engine problem theres no way you can really know if theres an issue without dismantling :/

And The fact that it was running 233hp is towards the topend of what a stock 4efte can handle without uprated internals again is a risk you have to consider when buying.

tbh you`ve had it for 2 weeks, granted there was no written and signed paperwork...its just your word against his at the end of the day even if there was its your responsibility to make sure its 100% before you sign and pay for it...id have a word with him again for some money towards parts to get it fixed (he seemed a decent guy) and see what comes of it if not im afraid you will have to pay for the work to be done or break the car,what ever you see fit...

one of the first rules i was ever taught about buying a car, if its warm when you get there walk away....99% of time the owners hiding something (trust no one)...chalk it up and move on bud

p.s

sorry but i call bullshit on it not being driven on full boost, who has a 233bhp car and doesnt make full use of it every chance they get....

all IMO

one of the first rules i was ever taught about buying a car, if its warm when you get there walk away....99% of time the owners hiding something (trust no one)...chalk it up and move on bud

This ^^^ is the golden rule really

If the car was cold when you got there and he started it up he probably was being genuine (to his knowledge) about the car.

if you shook hands then thats a sealed deal and if you have no signed recipte then you aint got a leg to stand on mate with it being a privert sale .like the lad who bought my old glanza txt me 3months after taking the car saying the engine had gone bang on him and he wanted all his money back a wanted to keep the car aswell it was a privert sale in cash with no recipte so he got told to jog on as it ran fine when i had it .thats your only priblem mate is if you paid cash and dont have a recipte also he could deny owning the car befor you as a logbook is not proof of owner ship a recipte is thow .its just 1 of those things mate

Unfortunately its one of the risks with buying a car, being an internal engine problem theres no way you can really know if theres an issue without dismantling :/

And The fact that it was running 233hp is towards the topend of what a stock 4efte can handle without uprated internals again is a risk you have to consider when buying.

Agree with this

tbh you`ve had it for 2 weeks, granted there was no written and signed paperwork...its just your word against his at the end of the day even if there was its your responsibility to make sure its 100% before you sign and pay for it...id have a word with him again for some money towards parts to get it fixed (he seemed a decent guy) and see what comes of it if not im afraid you will have to pay for the work to be done or break the car,what ever you see fit...

p.s

sorry but i call bullshit on it not being driven on full boost, who has a 233bhp car and doesnt make full use of it every chance they get....

all IMO

And this

This is why I take a compression tester with me when buying a car. If the seller will not let me inspect the car properly, there is no way I would buy it. Like said above you have had the car for two week. You yourself should jnow by now that bearings and pitons can let got at any given moment. Tbh I dont think ant would have had a clue about this as im sure we would have seen a rant about it and given he was using the car daily. The,amount of money he has spent on it is unreal and no expense was spared.

Just one of those things, I bought a car a few months back and it did not survive the trip home.

he didnt offer warranty and th only thing that is usually in writing is if it is sold as seen but it wasnt, the only thing i signed was the logbook

no my friend its the other way around, anything sold private sale is automatically sold as seen

unless you have proof otherwise. and that needs to be clearly written and signed.

as much of an asshole as it is, you buy a car privately its a risk you take

thats why you pay extra at the garage.

one of lifes lessons

This happened to me mate, I brought Tommys car!

Said it had engine rebuild and bla bla bla...

Mind you he did say it was broken when I got it and was just a head gasket!

Spent loads fixating it, however it still turned out to be fucked, found out it was the piston rings

Ps, SOLD AS SEEN is a grandad story!

It doesn't mean anything, trading standards will tell you this to! (you still have rights)

Ps, SOLD AS SEEN is a grandad story!

It doesn't mean anything, trading standards will tell you this to! (you still have rights)

Only from a registered trader, private sale you can do whatever the hell you want

except for lie about milage

Edited by TrisK

As above really, there's nothing you can do about it tbh. If you try to make a claim you'll be wasting your time.

Also I disagree about the car having problems just because its warm when you view it. I've sold about 10 cars over the last 8 months and I have a busy routine so sometimes I would need to use the car before someone came to view it. I would try not to but sometimes it has to be done. Nothing was being hidden, and I've never had a single comeback.

Always sucks when this happens! However, theres no saying that the piston didn't crack when you were driving home from buying it...

I once sold a CD player on eBay, in fine working condition. 2 weeks after I'd sent it, the new owner opened a case on me saying that it didn't work... He won the case through ebay because the customer always wins lol. He sent me back a broken CD player and I lost £104 which I'm still waiting to recieve from eBay after they "reviewed the case" and said I was not to blame after sending numerous pictures of it working and boxed up etc...

The fact its 2 weeks later raises a lot of questions. For example, the CD player I sent just happened to be "sat in the box for 2 weeks before he took it out and tried it"........ Anything could have happened in those 2 weeks but unfortunately because you did the sale privately, it pretty much is "Sold as seen"...

Like everyone else has said, never buy a car if its warm when you view it.

Guess I can't offer any advice other than get it fixed, and have some fun in it lol!

Right i have been on this forum for 2 years and as said above i have spent hundreds even thousands on this car , when ever i had a problem i posted it up on here...

And also if people warned you about my why buy the car?

Also the engine was not warmed up to full temp at all

Morgey has seen the car many times and been to car shows and events where people race dis i ever join in no!

Also the only time this car saw 1.1 bar was at tuning developments

Not being funny but you had a 3 hour drive home in a turbo car ... Whos to say you dint rag it home and do the damage?

And if the car was smoking so bad why wait 2 weeks to say?

And also not being funny but texting me sayin you want cOmpensation an your money back within 24 hours or youll come to my house and you know where i live etc ... Dont make a threat