Running forged rods with standard pistons?

id change the piston and keep the stock rods, stock rev limit and a good amount of boost......this is what they used to do back in the days i was told

why not if your on a budget? you dont have to follow what everyone else does, build in accordance with your budget...decent rods cost a fair bit

The ring lands are more like to fail before the rods!

spot on..if you must change something..then change the pistons. if its for something like a td04 upgrade then stock internals will still hack it although the common trend is to fully forge for the slightest increase in power :p

Right thanks guys , mixed opinions. just dont want to be rebuilding my engine again when its dropped another rod lol. im only aiming for 200bhp ish would you recommend going forged or just running stock internals and making sure its running good while making that power? was thinking about shot peening but the pins are pressed in and probs damaged them while pressing them out?

thanks

oh yeh , i have a tight budget :( still a apprentice so on shitty wage haha

200bhp is easily capable on stock internals as long as your fueling is on point! i ran a td04 on a bar for a year on fpr and fcd with no issues just regularly serviced

It makes no sense pulling the block appart just to put some stronger rods in if your gonna do it do it properly, take your time and save a lil each month and forge next summer... if your wages dont allow you to do that then dont forge forged engines are expensive especially when they brake