A quick test of the SSQV, some nice chatter ;D

Ive only got the car back with fte done, not had chance to fully test it and still adjusting to boost and build up as it easily spins with the 6speed, only take it up to 5k tops but is awesome on motorway and pulls so well in 6th from 50mph :)

Will get some more vids soon.

mine chatters screams and bov chirp and i hav ssqv,i can get all 3 in one go

awesome, get some vids up

Wait, Raffa is yours Turbo'd now? Awesome.

Sounds good dude.

owww yes, the long awaited, exhuast sounds so different now, still not used to the power, boost is so good running 0.9 straight there n no hesitation or fluctuation, loving everybit of it, Needs RR need to get in touch with Ricky.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If you want 'chatter' be a man and run no gayvalve :p and then be even more manly and run no air filter.

Lol at that time it was running no air filter, got a custom air box and a k&n filter relocated due to the setup at the front, now it sound even more high pitched and chatter sounds different, once I get the car back I wil do a few more vids and fly bys :)

There are lots of different opinions on wether it does or doesn't damage the turbo.

From what I beleive it just makes the turbo blades spin backwards giving you the 'chatter' sound. I found that it took a while longer to spool between gear changes hence why I am buying a Greddy type S bov once I get home :)

I could be wrong about the above but I can't see it doing the turbo much good over a long period of time.. Possibly wears it out faster.

Edited by Matt1878

I run a air filter on my td04 set up with no bov or d/v. Pro's and cons to d/v's. Some say it helps the turbo by allowing it to spool quicker by not slowing down. Some say why run a d/v at all? I can see both points of view. The way I see it is if you want to do it properly then your d/v should not allow any chatter. If it does its either too tight (spring) or the hole/gap the air passes through is too small inside the d/v. Each to their own I suppose.

For me though its gotta be chatter or a big ass bov like a turbotechnics race port or tial bov.