Am i the only one who absolutely loves the sound of the Astra and the Corsa Vxr's. The sound of them when they are astonishing! Does anyone know why they pop at such low revs? :ph34r:

A lad local had bought a corsa VXR and just spent like 5k at Regal beacaue he melted a piston. So now it forged, ko4 turbo, 335bhp 325ft/lbs torque. NO LSD. Oh and he knows fuck all about cars, thrashes them from cold, doesnt service it, daddy pays for it etc.

Any way...

Question is, will he show me up in my 272bhp Glanza?! Will be pissed off if he does hahaa.

My mate is a technician at vauxhall and he says he wouldn't buy either of them he says the gear boxes are shit in the corsas n always brake after some abuse and the engines aren't much better and it's just the exhaust that make em pop

I thought my mates was pretty quick until we had a run while my car was running 0.6 :p

Another local lad has one that is 'stage 3' with a Quaife diff, I've heard it's an absolute animal. Just need to get the Glanza built..

A lad local had bought a corsa VXR and just spent like 5k at Regal beacaue he melted a piston. So now it forged, ko4 turbo, 335bhp 325ft/lbs torque. NO LSD. Oh and he knows fuck all about cars, thrashes them from cold, doesnt service it, daddy pays for it etc.

Any way...

Question is, will he show me up in my 272bhp Glanza?! Will be pissed off if he does hahaa.

I had a play with a astra vxr which was running 280hp and i was side by side all the way, and mine was only 160bhp so i wud imagine ya wont be dissapointed!:D

They all sound the same new turbo cars, the mini cooper S, VXR's, Focus RS/ST's, gets quite boring after a while.

Although a mate has a 420hp Focus RS and it sounds and is a FUCKING ANIMAL!

I had a go in a corsa vxr in work, was pretty shit tbh. There was a vecra vxr in at work not long ago, me and another guy went out for a "test drive", it was the 280bhp one completely standard but still fast, even though all the power is at the top end it still shifts for a big car. Cant argue with 2.8l v6 turbo.

Sister's b/f has a Corsa VXR and the gearbox has gone at 7k.

They are really nimble fun little cars, but it drinks equal to my Zed and doesn't have the pull my car does either as your foot seems to be pressed harder to seem to get close to the performance of big engine. I suppose some would say an unfair comparison, but those little VXR's would be a great trackday toy.

Bear in mind all these new hatchbacks are getting heavier too! :thumbsup: