Got an idea brewing in my head, Found a 99spec corolla 4efe with yellow injectors etc today at work, 39k on it, immaculate.

Am i right in thinking these are 88hp standard? and also planning on while its sat around, get the head skimmed and port and polished, turbo valve springs etc... Any engine gurus out there that can say how much would need to be skimmed off the head to make a lump more power, and how it would work out with a thin TRD headgasket?

And also any other things i could do while its there to be played with...

P.s i know its an engine thread, just want a few ideas then it can be moved into there??

Thanks

Just shot a turbo lump in there and stop messing around :p i believe the JDM 4efe engine is a turbo lump just has a thicker headgasket to raise the compression maybe you could by one of them change the HG slap a turbo lump on it emanage mapped ya off :)

wouldnt bother mate, only 4efe id mess around with is the 1st gen 100bhp one....use your money for boost

yeah i think its same as gen 1 corolla 4efe but has higher compression, iirc it has the highest compression of all the e- series engine

Balls, parkers reckon its 85hp, only thing thats got me thinking is that mine is coming upto 120k, and i can pick this engine up for virtually bugger all off my boss... Surely 110 hp or similiar is possible? And micky i would mate its just finding the parts to do it, and how long i would need to do it? ideally it needs to be done in 3 days, over a weekend so i can get to work. it would be done by now if i didnt rely on it:/

Yeah thats true mate thats the only problem when its your dailey! Dont think you could get 110bhp out of the corolla 4efe would be asking alot realy without management and alot of other things! Toyota got what they could out of the jdm 4efe so dont think it could be push more with out a turbo or Noz.on it..

Also think the corolla uses a coil pack set up aswell

The bugeye corollas 97-99 are 88ish hp and go pretty well considering the size of the car, regarding mods and power to be gained it really isnt worth the hassle. No doubt the wiring would be different and cause a ball ache aswel!

Skim the head 5efhe cams and springs etc and chuck some management on there u might make 105-110hp but money spent to cud get a 5efe with that for less!

If u want high revving u need a 4age 2zzge or beams 3sge, all big money to put in a starlet lol

Edited by morgey

just buy a 5efe if you wanna mess around with an n/a engine. easily enough to get the 100bhp you would from a jdm 4efe and much easier to source. then always the option to forge and turbo the beast if you get greedy.

if u want the 100bhp from a 4efe drop streetracer_starlet a pm he has a jdm 4e sitting around he doesnt need u would just have to work out how to pick it up from glasgow. but personaly id just get a turbo lump

if u want the 100bhp from a 4efe drop streetracer_starlet a pm he has a jdm 4e sitting around he doesnt need u would just have to work out how to pick it up from glasgow. but personaly id just get a turbo lump

he said was out an ep95, correct me if i'm wrong but it's only the '82 4efe's that have 100bhp due to the 4efte internals

Just be cause it has 4efte internals dont mean its going to make less power Toyota raise the compression by putting a thicker HG on same as the Honda boys do when they turbo there car put a thinner HG on..Thats why the jdm 4efe 100ps engine is bomb prove if you think how much power the stock 4efte engine can handle a 100ps jdm engine is only getting tickled

Also when you add a 4-2-1 exhaust mani injectors 4efte valve spring better ecu its amazing how much power can be gain and thats what toyota did :)

The gen1 corolla had thinner rods then the jdm 4efe the jdm 4e also has the same pistons as the 4efte just a thicker HG :)

The JDM 4E-FE does not have the same pistons as a 4E-FTE. 4E pistons have a dome and 4E-FTE pistons have a flat top to lower compression for boost. Also, you use a thinner head gasked to rise the compression ratio.

They do share some components but not pistons.

A 4E with FTE pistons and a thicker head gasket is totally backwards.

Gavin

Edited by enzo_e492901

Yeah thats what i ment just got it mixed up :p Realy well thats new to me i've read a few times that the jdm engine has the same but i suppose you can always believe what people say on the internet