Worst day in history.

So there I was, driving back to uni after getting a new job and having the perfect week, the best in a very long time.

A few hours and 70mph later this happened :'(

I indicated to go into the third lane, and did not notice a van was right next to me. That + a combination of braking, swerving and wet roads was enough to smash me into the barrier, across 3 lanes, not sure if hit the back of a lorry or as something sent me flying back again. The metal behind the bumper bent, so I think she's a write off. Luckily no other vehicles were involved and there was no damage to the barrier so insurance don't have to find out but there goes my baby :( Major thanks to the coach driver who was the only person to stop and see if I was alright, god bless him.

98c8df.jpg

Just want to say thanks to the starlet boys on facebook for seeing if i'm alright :thumbsup: and thanks to toyota for making such a car that i walked away in one piece.

On the lookout for a cheap n/a runabout in the Hampshire area for now, this hasn't lost my faith in the starlet. Your a great a community and i'm gutted i'll be missing japfest (ticket and track time for sale now) I'm gonna strip her for all I can salvage. But i'm gonna miss her so much.

Edited by Billy SR

Glad to hear you're okay man, cars can be replaced though I am gutted for you!

Good that you're still sticking about, EP LOVE! You're welcome to jump in mine if you still wanna come to Japfest? Just you'd need a lift back to Soton off somebody as I'm going home to Cardiff after the show

thanks man, that's what everyone's been saying. just as my life gets good, something always happens to me, i'm just seeing it in the light that nothing worse happened. i didn't think i could look at a car and physically scream, then break into tears as it's my hobby, and just like my mum with her chickens, being on here just keeps me going :(

thanks everybody, now i know what it feels like to be shaken up.

Glad to hear you're okay man, cars can be replaced though I am gutted for you!

Good that you're still sticking about, EP LOVE! You're welcome to jump in mine if you still wanna come to Japfest? Just you'd need a lift back to Soton off somebody as I'm going home to Cardiff after the show

cheers buddy, and i would have to sold my ticket anyway, which i was buzzing for more than my holiday this year. my new job involves me working Sat/Sun, I was waiting on the hours and hoping i could squeeze japfest in, but it's the last of my worries right now i guess :/

i don't think i'll find another one in her state, so i'm just gonna put the wheels, backbox and spoiler onto a n/a just a case of finding the right one, she was a minter :/

Edited by Billy SR

:( Dude this is sad:( Glad that your okay though matey!

On another note, whats bent on it that will make it unrepairable? Doesnt look too bad to be unrepairable to me, have seen much worse than that repaired bud!

thanks again everybody, gonna get her back from the recovery place tomorrow. the pillar goes a bit like / slightly and the radiator is safe to say, fucked!. didn't have the chance to check underneath. she's probably gonna cost the price of another to fix by the time i source parts and get them sprayed in satin black though. if it was any other car, i wouldn't have cried, but i'll get my local mechanic who does welding to have to a look.

The front bar? that the rad attacthes too? cheap from a scrappys and any welder thats worth his salt can fit it, bodyshop sorts the rest

i'm hoping it's just this. lucky thing i've just got a tool kit, so the first i'm gonna do is get the bonnet and bumpers off to asses, but she's was still starting. if she was fixable, i'd cry again but in happiness. just a waiting game. she also had little a bit of a scrape in the rear panel, so that would need a respray too :(

Edited by Billy SR

the whole front exterior of it is f****d in all honesty, although the windscreen and wheels are in one piece. the ideal situation would be find a n/a without mot and tax and sort her out, but she would never be the same, and please amjad :lol:

Edited by Billy SR

Honestly mate from the photos it cant be that bad, you would be surprised. Bumper doesnt look bad at all, bonnets crumple at very low speeds as do wings. the front panel on these is like paper, get hold of it with your hands and it will bend back. Its all got a memory of how it was before, a bodyshop would make light work

Gutting to read these threads :(

Good job your ok mate, luckily there are lots more starlets out there for you to own!

Youll be back in another in no time!

Chin up mate!

thanks man, it's cars like yours which inspire me to keep going. think the whole idea of getting an 82 anytime soon has gone out the drain :/

and toff, i'll be back before you know it and it won't be a shabby glanza rep, don't worry about that :D

Edited by Billy SR

A very very sad sight to see but am genuinely glad you are still here to tell the tale mate.

Shows you just how fragile life is - having been in a very similar barrier accident in the wet myself.

Make sure to enjoy every day and every minute to the max from now on.

All the best with the salvage and kudos for sticking with the EP brand.

Joz

dude sorry to see this man.. was such a nice example!!

well listen mate ive got an n/a rad i could donate and im pretty sure ive got some wings kicking about if need be.

hopefully it can be sorted if not get another and bring it back better than before mate!

as others have said its shit and you will feel low but harness it and let it motivate you. life > car

keep your chin up bud

sam