Japfest job :)

Hi guys as above I have a little job for someone. Who wants to wire in a boost gauge fr me at japfest :) getting of James and collecting off Ryan at japfest but not a clue how to fit it. Anyone volunteering? Lol free burger isn't it for you :p by the way I have a 1.7cdti 2005 civic :)

And I'm on Uksc stand

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How easy is your dash to take apart? You need to access some power wires to get it lit up

Not volunteering by the way, I HATE electrics :lol:

Would probs be easiest wiring to ignition. Just take one panel off. Lol

You bastard lol haha

I wired mine to my sidelights so it comes on when the lights are on, I will deffo give you a hand pal not too clued up with them but I got a rough idea where things go, sure we can sort it for you dude! Make sure you take some connectors electric things, t piece for the vac line etc :)

You want it on constantly as the face is smoked Amir

The kits come with T-Pieces but it depends on your car's vacuum hosing too of course. They fit Starlet vacuum lines perfectly

Edited by Amjad

Thanks for all the input guys :) will defo appreciate your help at japfest :) yh I'd want it on all the time.? I'm getting the gauge off James so it's brand new and should come with all the stuff. Does anyone know if it's possible to wire to the ignition? So it's always on?

You can put it to one of the stereo connectors, get the wires extended first. Then put the live and illumination one together and wedge them into each pin connector on the stereo plugs, switching ignition on each time to see which one would give an ignition source (the dial will beep and light up shown below)

I did the same, but with the heater plug rather than stereo plug

Edited by Amjad

You'll need some speaker wire/wire capable of holding a 12v current. To extend the oe wires as they tend to be too short.

Cool I'll grab some speaker wire too ;) if anyone'a down to do it on the day I'll really appreciate it. If not no worries you paid to enjoy a show not wire a boost gauge lol

LOL i fit sound systems for a living and my favourite school boy error is trying to find ignition feeds on heather controls on newer can-bus cars.

I.e it only comes on when the blowers are on etc lol.

I may have done it a few times :/

Nice one Man! Could i do it so when the car is on the gauge is on?

Yeah. You'll have a 12v wire probably a 12v lighting wire as well. You just put those together into the 12v ignition. So basically it comes on when ignition is on.

lol,

cig lighter will have 2 wires out the back of it

cigarettelighter.jpg

1 live , 1 earth

on the gauge join the illumination with the power and then join it to the back of the cig lighter (red wire usually) and then earth the other wire from gauge