Japfest job :)

What you all on about haha! I'll do it for you if you get the T peice and the vac tube. Its a 5 minute job :p. I'll work 5 minutes for a burger lol!

Hahah really? It's a diesel so I herd from Afew guys here I might need an L piece or something? If your up for is you can have two burgers!!!!! Lol

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bring a multimeter if I remember. But fixing it to the stereo loom seems a good idea.

Crimping kit would be a good start as well.

I''ve just seen this and Marc you're absolutely spot on!

3 scotch locks, about 2 metres of wire (just to make sure) a pair of pliers and a multimeter to make sure you get the power and ignition wires the right way round... Easy peasy

I''ve just seen this and Marc you're absolutely spot on!

3 scotch locks, about 2 metres of wire (just to make sure) a pair of pliers and a multimeter to make sure you get the power and ignition wires the right way round... Easy peasy

So you take on the challenge? 2 burgers in it for ya ;) neat an wire tucked for the second burger lol!

Hahah really? It's a diesel so I herd from Afew guys here I might need an L piece or something? If your up for is you can have two burgers!!!!! Lol

HA! I didn't read that bit :p. Thought we were talking starlet teritory!.... Yes a L peice is needed not a T because there is no vacume on diesels. Not on the ones I've seen anyway.... Only hard bit is going to be running the wires. New dashes are quite tight... How easily can you take the CD player out? We can always use another 12v and igniton feed if the CD player is a bitch...... I'm not so certain its a 5 minute job now but I'll happily bring my stuff and we'll crack on with it :)!!! I have a video to make too so it can't take too long :p

hold up.... whats the point in a L peice? :s

There is always a constant feed to the sterio. There is the constant feed which is on all the time, and then the one that comes on with ignition turned on... Doesn't matter if CD player is off, ignition is still on :p. So both wires will still have power

Stereo*

Haha that's what I was thinking. Wouldn't an l piece wrk the same as a T piece? :s also I'm not sure don't think it's the easiest to get out tbh. Unless I get them stereo keys to take the headunit out somehow? Make an installing boost gauge video :p LoLololoOOOLL

Well theres no point in a peice at all unless the thing your sticking it on is a completely different size and then you're going to need an adapting peice... I'm not entirely sure what it goes on to be honest LOL. Must be the inlet somewhere. Let me do some research :p I can't remember how mine was plumbed up on my old TD.... I aint making a boost gauge video haha! I've got bigger fish to fry ;)

Ok! I've thought about it and it needs to be a t peice... You're basically taking the air reading from somewhere thats already running. You don't change the way it works or anything so it must be a T peice to just "tap in" to it... Big question is, what size piping is it used on the civic? and will your T peice fit that... Other than that, its easy peasy. Just a bit of wiring and hiding wires inside... Any chance you have a few pictures of your inlet and the pipes coming off it? :p Looking for a layout now but would be a lot easier in person

an L piece? surely that would be absolutely pointless and it would only have 1 in and 1 out hole? so you may aswell not cut what ever pipe, or just use a straight connector?

Yeah I realised that earlier :p

I'm trying to find you some piks of the engine bay on google but if not I'll take some tomorrow. What piks you after? :)

Basically we need to find the pipe that we need to cut. For example on the GT it goes from the inlet to the dump valve (or recirculating valve if stock) and to put the T peice on that.... I imagine its the same or at least roughly the same on all mechanical reading engines.... Are you sure you don't need an electronic boost gauge? I'm not sure how the 1.7 CDTI works to be honest! It might be as easy as splicing into a boost sensor wire with an electronic gauge.... I could be talking bullshit right now lol! I'm just trying to think of options if there is no pipe because I can't find anything on google or civic forums :p

This video explains what I was saying to Amir. I've done some reading up and a vacuum line won't work for taking a boost reading on his car. It has to go into a boost pipe after the turbo to get a boost reading here the L piece

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwo5RWrAb3A

Ahhh I understand what you were on about with the boost pipe thing :p Yeah could just tap a hole into the boost pipe before the inlet and tap a nipple into it and run your pipe off it... Thats how mine was done thinking back to it lol... I just never understood it at the time. Thats why I never had a vac reading :p... I put a nipple on a silicoln joiner and ran my pipe off that... Any idea if they're made of plastic or metal?... Or rubber lol