Id look into a supercharhed 4agze box its either a c52 or c56 cant remember which the bellhousings should swap over from the fte and if your lucky the driveshafts will fit.

4agze boxes are E series and wont fit - they're physically much bigger

Zisco ran an Astra box but the ratios didn't quite work from what I remember.

Grant's right, they ran an F28 6 speed gearbox from a calibra/cavalier turbo 4x4. The F20 might be better suited as it has shorter ratio's and is 5 speed, but still don't think it would work very well.

Personally id go for the option of either shot peening the gears, or getting the gears cryogenically treated first. Thats the cheaper option, then if that doesnt yeild any results take another more expensive approach.

So theyre completely different boxes to the normal 4age boxes then? The 'E' is usually found on the 3sge engines correct?

Yeah dude, totally different and your right they come behind 3s engines too. The AW11 ze box is one of the better ones from memory with double synchros or special bearings - years since I've worked on one.

Thanks for advice people... Have to have a chat with Ricky about custom options...

What are you implying by that make... Im struggling to read that in any other way then a bit offensive...?

I very rarely put my foot down in my car, when I do unless its giving a ferarri a tickle, i dont have the boost all the way up...

Norr do i yank the gearstick around or behave like a tool....

Sorry mate, not aimed at you just a general comment.

Maybe some people have been unlucky, I've yet to have any problems past or present.

whats ment by straight cut gears? its all soo much like isnt it like about a grand to get the gearbox fully rebuilt? then that would be 600 on top to freeze the bits? but that still might not make it strong enough "/