jakes blue track slag ep82

Well after alot off bad luck/ working alot things can finally get moving with the project, had some time today and painted the bay, it looks the business in real life can't wait to start filling it up with parts and getting it built up, pics below..

null_zps77d3348b.jpg

null_zps0f1d6e68.jpg

null_zps29afd429.jpg

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Finally found it! Been huntin for your thread for ages mate lol

Looks proppa savage man, cant wait to see it together and slating all the big boys on track with the other starlets :-D

Dom.

Haha cheers dom, it's getting there slowly but done alot off background work so dosnt look like much but it'll all come together at once ha ha, should have nice nice updates once things start arriving through the post :D

I've always wondered.... What is the advantage, or why do people seam weld?

Stiffer chassis and stops it from flexing, especially where the suspension strut meets the car body :)

Looking good Jake, need to start putting the car back together :D

• 2 months later...

Haha thanks grant and shorty for the kind words, finally tho I've got time for a update things are mental at the moment regarding work, however I've squeezed abit off starlet in, the shell is completely ready for caging now, I've ordered a gazebo so once that's here all windows out as I've also order a set off poly windows all round bar front, cage tubing arrived last week:

null_zps6670bdd3.jpg

That'll start getting built in a few weeks time as I've booked a few days off, also got a rather large delivery from my main man in Malta aka Keith who again has out done himself and blown me away with the quality off workman ship, anyways in the delivery was

Baffled fuel cell

null_zps7f80b121.jpg

Fuel rail, fuel reg with gauge and braided lines

null_zps70cbad6c.jpg

Full set off acl bearing pictures above, also have a set off zisco valve springs, and racing oil stem seals.

And finally a lovely inlet manifold with a billeted throttle body..

null_zps435b7c61.jpg

Ill get better and more close up pictures at some point when I have time. Shouldn't be to long now till it's all built ;)

Yeah man, engine wise quite alot, ill start building it in a few weeks just waiting for a few more bits to arrive and it's just off being skimmed spec is at the moment

Fully balanced bottom end

Acl racing bearings

Pauter I beam rods

Wisco pistons

Wisco piston rings

0.6mm head gasket

Arp head bolts

Full port + polish

Zisco uprated valve springs

Zisco uprated oil stem seals

Custom cam cover with an10 breathers

Ally Light weight pullys inc adjustable cam pully

Think that's about it at the moment might throw some cams in there aswell if I can get hold off some

Looking good pal! Moving on now.

Nothing wrong with running a 0.6mm gasket, if you got dished pistons it will only bring the CR back upto near standard anyway. All depends on the ecu you use really.

• 2 weeks later...