jakes blue track slag ep82

Well I started a full strip and rebuild off my first glanza as the bottom end went, looked like this..

41878692.jpg

74314bd3.jpg

i was building it to be a track/ road car, however i always felt and preferred the older gt shaped starlets so when i saw this come up for sale, i had to have it, but i didnt have the money for the whole car so i asked the bloke selling it if hed be willing to break and ill take just the shell, was a long shot but it paid off couple days later got her on a trailer and to mine after a 5 hour round trip.

bac286d2.jpg

couple pic's off the trailer

010eb0a4.jpg

7113b3b1.jpg

9a8e5450.jpg

de586723.jpg

first thing first, started stripping interior out, won’t be needing it

092fc274.jpg

all the rear fully stripped out..

a516c583.jpg

front stripped out aswell

cf5bb4d0.jpg

next to come out, was all the sound deading, properly heavy stuff!!

d05dc157.jpg

1aee4290.jpg

All gone!

a12c03a5.jpg

So started removing metal brackets I don’t need/ aren’t structural, also removed some surface rust, started with the wheel well

411c755b.jpg

Rear seat brackets removed

b4adb4a7.jpg

678cb004.jpg

Got the front on axle stands, removed all the front suspension, first cleaned up and sanded down front wishbones then painted then up

bde04330.jpg

Crash bar sanded down and painted

aaecc280.jpg

Cleaned up and painted gearbox brackets while I had the paint out

0d4416c9.jpg

Gave the front arches a properly good cleaning and though may as well hammerite it since I got it out!

Before paint

dc94cef4.jpg

After paint

5c41ceff.jpg

Looking much better and cleaner, also started painting some off the chassis as it was filthy and starting to rust so sanded it down cleaned it up de greased then painted

9b677266.jpg

That was it then for a couple weeks, as it has been pretty much none stop raining down here.. but I did manage to get hold a lovely cage..

366447c5.jpg

:)

Trail fitted it

d5e4d44a.jpg

c608dc3f.jpg

208324ed.jpg

64e780c1.jpg

Looking good I must say

Spent the weekend prepping for the interior to be sprayed so sanding everything flat, getting rid off all the left over sound deading, unfortunately this is the only picture I've got

0313b898.jpg

And that’s roughly where I am now, next will be masking everything off, rewire interior loom see what extra weight I can shed and then finally spraying the interior.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck yea!! Nice one jake ;) coming on nice dude. loving the progress :D us southern boys are gonna have some seriously aggresive starlets! Gonns be keeping an eye on this thread!

Fuck yea!! Nice one jake ;) coming on nice dude. loving the progress :D us southern boys are gonna have some seriously aggresive starlets! Gonns be keeping an eye on this thread!

Does that mean this one is going to take ages to build aswell :p

Looking to be a ass car. You got the right shap in the end just like the short man.

yeah mate got there in the end :D

nice 1 duuude i love it good lad for getting a gt :thumbsup:

ta mate :) love the gt shape

Does that mean this one is going to take ages to build aswell :p

haha, well im in no rush and got alot planned for it, but hopefully shouldnt take too long.. :p

Edited by nest
  • 3 weeks later...

208324ed.jpg

Looks like its going to be a good build....just so you know, your part of the cage going across the top of the screen is the wrong way round..it should be bending outwards..

Edited by RobSR
  • 3 weeks later...

Awesome! Will be keeping my eye on this!

:D

Looks like its going to be a good build....just so you know, your part of the cage going across the top of the screen is the wrong way round..it should be bending outwards..

haha didnt even realise just threw it in to see what the fittament was like, thanks for the heads up bud

FTW Hampshire / Sussex Starlet club !!!

haha yes mate, well have a big old meet once all these starlets are built..

abit off an update..

so got all the rear suspension off, it was all super rusty, panhard rod went straight in the bin will be replaced by an adjustable one, couple pics before and after

1c900f71.jpg

8230058f.jpg

as you can see its all rusty as.. so stripped it all off

f8ae71a0.jpg

only pic i got, gonna sand it all down and hammerite the whole underside

rear beam axle came off and stripped all that down

quick pic

02265d76.jpg

stripped

2ea84a22.jpg

painted ready for pulybushes

da293912.jpg

got cracking on the inside aswell, whole dash out, the loom was in a complete mess wires spliced all over the show, so decided best thing was a good tidy up and start removing everything dont need..

some off the mess

7ac7d917.jpg

e041ec13.jpg

looking like this now, still abit to do

aada51a8.jpg

removed a/c and all the heater matrix and controlls, rather large heavy bulk so dicided to bin that..

f3e44449.jpg

and all the wiring we removed..

d2177083.jpg

and this litte beauty will be taking its place with custom control panel

1ae0f610.jpg

and the car is looking like this atm

c8265f1a.jpg

small update

so had topday off as i work way to much atm.. so plan was to get stuck in and get loads done, all was going well for about an hour then it decided to completely piss down :(

anyways got my dash sorted now, the original plan was to build one from some ally sheets i got laying about but decided i wanted to ratain some off the standard inside so got my grinder out and cut the dash to a better size.. ;)

rear off the dash before i started cutting it

bf85e2c9.jpg

then after abit off cutting and it looks like this :)

1d1bc31f.jpg

4d21ee1c.jpg

the centre consol will be made from an ally sheet which will hold all my switches and controls for the heater etc, so waiting for some switches to arrive so can cut the sheet to size and sort that out, will hold some gauges aswell, oh and my dash is being picked up later to be flocked.

Thats the same heater I plan to get for mine at some point. Seen one fitted in an s13 propper diddy :)

yeah mate its tiny, my mate sorted it for me, he builds various kit cars, should keep the weight off and still keep me warm! any chance yours will be built for the tarck day 29th? or you gonna ride with shorty?

Mine won't be done for a while. Just guna get it how I want before it goes on the road. Im in no rush now. The wait will be worth it

fair enough mate, good things come to those who wait ;) lol, i need to come down and pick up the ecu and injectors off shorty at some point!

had abit off time today on the car, firstly started by getting rid off all the sounded deadening behind the dash, what a pain in the arse that was

got rid off the blanked and was left with this

7ff2a210.jpg

which now looks like this

18718b21.jpg

just needs some solvent to get rid of the last little bits..

also cut out covers for the inside rear where the 2 big gaps are, had some carbon sheets so got my disk cutter and cut them out ready to rivet in once inside is all painted

48206b54.jpg

also moved all the dash loom which i will go through and get rid off anything that i wont be needing, just a horrid pile atm lol

3c9675b7.jpg

also my dash is done and all flocked up, just waiting for it to arrive, should be friday..

Edited by nest

This is soooo full of win! I love track builds, this is the sort of thing I am hoping to do next year ;)

haha thanks mate, yeah go for it alot off work tho!

Coming along nicely.

it is, slowly mind :p

Cars getting there looks good mate keep up the good work.

thanks bud!

Niiiiiice jake! Pic you sent me eirlier looks tidy as!

haha thanks bud

Great work mate will be keeping an eye on it! Love the colour of the car hope your keeping it that colour?

cheers mate, it will be staying this colour bought the shell especially for the colour, its only the inside that i will be spraying gloss black, just need the weather to calm down abit.

got my dash that i modded back from the flockers, it is absolutely mint! hes done an amazing job on it... pictures dont do it justic

46ab2cb2.jpg

well this rain is killing the time i was hoping to get things done, got everything here to keep it moving but the weather is just so shit this way, once we have one nice day should be a decent update lol.

Edited by nest