Matts Starlet CD Build

Ok so i finally got my first ep today and i'm more than happy with it! just what i was looking for and at a great price too. i purchased it from another member here so you may know it / have seen it.

its a 97 starlet CD which has ticked just over 82,000 and has full service history also.

here is how she looked when he purchased her,

003.jpg

and here is how she stands at the moment (how i received the car),

01.jpg

lowered 35/40mm (im not 100% sure) on spax,

glanza 98 spec front seats,

glanza 96 spec read seats,

glanza 96 spec door cards,

clear indicator lenses,

side bump strips removed,

tte rear spoiler,

yaris black alloys

rear reflet lights have been removed since the picture but be sure that ill be putting a set straight back in there!

until i can get it insured within a month or two hopefully (fingers crossed) this will be a slow build but once ive paid off the insurance then i'll start the good stuff! engine and exterior wise! glanza rear and im not sure about the front maybe glanza with lip or maybe custom n/a.

if the weather picks up a little tomorrow im gonna give her a good clean out and detailing and ill get a few pictures up after! :)

what do you think?

Edited by Matts
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks guys and yeah amjad it was a members previous car :)

just a few pictures of the interior today after i gave it a little clean through, i couldn't give the car a good wash or detailing due to the weather being crap all day :/ but tomorrow if the weather is good then i will be doing.

sorry for the quality and size my camera wasn't charged when i came to use it so i had to use my ipod.

026.jpg

024.jpg

023.jpg

022.jpg

019.jpg

Edited by Matts

Nice base Matt :)

John

Thanks John i appreciate it :) hopefully once insured which turns out shouldnt be too long actually then i will start the exterior build, hope to see you around when i've got this finished.

looks smart pal :)

Thanks buddy.

Thanks John i appreciate it :) hopefully once insured which turns out shouldnt be too long actually then i will start the exterior build, hope to see you around when i've got this finished.

No worries, mine is away at the moment at TD :) get your self to the shows an meets that come up with the club best way off getting advice from people

John

No worries, mine is away at the moment at TD :) get your self to the shows an meets that come up with the club best way off getting advice from people

John

Ahh ok buddy :) sure once im insured ill make sure im at the meets :) i could do with some advice on a few things that i lack knowledge in :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so i finally got insured at the weekend, heres a quick shot of the car the other day (a day or two after a wash and polish and rain)

Untitled.jpg

it was taken on a phone sorry guys,

anyways what would you guys recommend as a place to start? im leaving the exterior until last, im talking about engine wise, rolla mani, panel filter, exhaust? is it a noticable differnece?

Get it handling nicely, that's something the NAs are capable of ;)

Rear/Front strut braces, ARBS, Anti-lift kit

Then a K&N panel filter, Rolla mani and maybe a 2" cat back if you have spare cash

Ok guys thanks :) ill sort the handling out first like you both said and then ill start some mods! :) ill update this thread when i start the handling/engine and exterior mods.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok its been a while since i updated this but anyways, i picked my self up a glanza rear bum from whitegv the other week and got it painted and i also picked my self up some skirts from fleabay which werent in great condition so i went ahead earlier today and sanded them down, prepared and primered them and painted them ready to be put on tomorrow :) so i will post more pictures tomorrow with the skirts on.

next on the list is a jdm sized plate, a custom exhaust from custom pipes in doncaster and if i can find one a rear number plate surround from a glanza (anyone have one prefrebably in 1A0)

before,

IMG00127-20120714-1622.jpg

after,

IMG00130-20120714-1840.jpg

skirts before prep and paint full of chips and marks (didnt take one after i had finished but i will tomorrow)

IMG00132-20120715-1433.jpg

should i keep the TTE spoiler or get a glanza one?

Edited by Matts

lookin good so far matey. i would personaly go for a glanza rear spoiler but not everyone would agree i guess. what do you think bud? all about making it your own but certainly going well, especialy with them handling mods on the list mate :thumbsup:

ive got a glanza bootlid in 1a0 ready for when you get a glanza spoiler? dont want alot for it fella, £50 picked up? also got some lovely 14" watanabes that would looks beautiful on this ;) haha

pretty sure this is woody or tom's old car isnt it?

looks good anyhow :)

Nice Matt, who ended up painting the rear bumper??

TTE :)

John

Thanks john buddy :) the body shop on whittington moore painted it me :) and as for the skirts i painted them myself (ill get pictures later now that i have found my camera and post them up, i finished them today ) and i think ill keep the TTE then :D it seems to be that its liked.

Can't beat a TTE spoiler and Glanza rear ^_^:wub:

You think buddy? :D i guess ill leave the TTE on then :D

Edited by Matts

Really? That would have been me :) going to get the shopping haha, where abouts were you buddy i didn't see? Also did i only have 1 skirt on at the time haha i managed to get the other on after i had nipped to tesco :) should see it now its made a huge difference in my eyes :) ill upload a pic when i'm home :) also thanks for the comment mate :)