Steering columns. are they interchangeable?

I have an N/A conversion.

need to put a glanza steering column in as the mounts for the stalk etc are different. will the glanza column fit with the N/A rack.

pretty sure ive seen it done but just wanna check first before i go and buy it tomorow?

would appreciate the help

cheers

Edited by snails ep91

In one word no

Why you might ask is because the Glanza column is shorter at the end and the knuckle won't reach the rack have a look at my garage you will see the mod I c/o also don't think the Glanza column will bolt up to the bar under the dash

The way mine is Glanza column and n/a rack all I need now is the n/a cover for the bulkhead

for gods sake. i was certain they were interchangable.

whats annoying is i had a glanza column but it got scrapped with the shell ages ago.

can anyone shed any light when doing the conversion what they have done with regards to fitting the wiper stalks on the n/a column?

will check in a bit as got a spare power steering rack but didnt wanna go power steering as dont think it will fit with my turbo kit.

little things like this piss me right off. should of bought a glanza in first place lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update this the columns are different, they have different mounting points and a different cv joint that meets the steering rack so to fit the glanza steering rack you also need the dash support bar that runs across the car :(

This is weird as i brought two different n/a cowls which didnt fit my sr but i brought one from a glanza along with all the other interior plastics and the glanza one fitted perfect :s

It was from a 98 spec glanza not sure if this makes a difference?