As some of you know, i bought a shagged spoiler off ebay and have now taken it in to be repaired :) the only problem is that who ever sprayed it before did a shite job and doesnt look right so the guy cant get the correct shade and as my car isnt about at the moment it makes it more difficult.

He did say that there were 2 different types of 205 in that one seems to have a bit more glitter in............................................................................................................................................................

Which one do i go for?

Mine seems to have quite a glint to it, but I have never seen 2 different shades of 205 with differents amount of glitter in. Would it not be an idea to just get him to get two tester pots and just spray each on a piece of alloy then you can take it back to your car and compare?

Mine seems to have quite a glint to it, but I have never seen 2 different shades of 205 with differents amount of glitter in. Would it not be an idea to just get him to get two tester pots and just spray each on a piece of alloy then you can take it back to your car and compare?

its not a different shade as such, one just has alot more sparkle than the other from what I can gather :( but yeh it could be an idea to maybe get him to spray a bit and see what its like, or just maybe tell him to hold off for a month until my car is back?

There's a few shades of 205, both glanzas and gt's use the one with the most metal flake :)

Awesome, how sure are you? ;) he only had two different 205's on his sample card things, both the same shade but one with more glitter than the other

Edited by mattyD

I thought it was 205 satin black metallic lol thats what my local toyota told me haha

Haha i think the best thing for Matt is to wait till he gets his car back lol

Edited by micky boy

Can you nt get a wing mirror or scoop from your car and take it to him?

My car is up at Tuning Developments mate so would be a bit difficult :(

It should be 205 Met black :)

I thought it was 205 satin black metallic lol thats what my local toyota told me haha

lol, just confuse matters lads :thumbsup: haha

I think there's more than two shades of 205, I had a bonnet done in and it had less metallic than my car but my mothers corolla is also 205 and it has a more rainbow type metallic than the glanza, so you want the one with lots of silver/gold metallic!

Go to halfrauds n they put bright pink in it :D haha

lol, halfords = dont have a clue ;) I shall be staying away from them

Lol tbh you would be best off waiting for your car back anyway if they take the fuel cap they can get the shade bang on dont forget the rest of your paint is 15years old now.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm this is very true but to be honest, the paint work is awesome (bar a couple of stone chips) plus i recently had my bonnet sprayed by someone else and it doesnt look any different to the rest of the car :D