urgent!! help neeeded on 4efte conversion on my sr :(

got to the stage now where we are contemplating turning back. indicator stalks dont fit steering column, so got a glanza one and that doesnt match the steering rack, splines are different, even the end that the steering wheel goes onto is longer and different. and another big problem is so much for boot looms bieng fine, my boot loom comes up middle and also on drivers side and neither fit the new glanza dash loom?

in need of dire help. get back to me asap as if no answers can be found will have to do the depressing job of putting everything back to standard :(:(

cheers

harry.

text me if easier 07766001349

As far as i know there is a fair bit of work involved in the conversion, as a lot of the parts are different, but it has been done loads of times so surely all the info should be on here.

I was contemplating doing the conversion myself but i was put off by the high price of a half decent n.a, then you basically need to source and fit half a glanza.

Not saying its not worth it man, defo keep at it, will be MINT to see another sr turbo

when i was looking for a 4paw i looked into the conversions and there is soo many ways todo them its unreal. alot of people seem to get stumped when they buy parts from different cars as they then end up with looms and parts from different spec starlets. and it seems alot of looms people buy pre removed have been butcherd with bits choped off. i no its a bit late to say now but i think the safest way todo the conversion is to buy a whole donor car and strip all the gear from one specific car

The amount people want for even the most basic of parts to such a small car is unreal, this leaves no choice but to shop around a front cut would cost what? £1000-1500? Who has that lying around for a conversion...

post up some pictures of the looms and the indicator stalks im sure between us when can help you out bud

• 2 weeks later...

make sure all the grounds are connected and have a clean connection, there is a ground that bolts onto a bracket located around the top of the gear box make sure this is connected or it wont start. this was my problem