Show me your 14"er wheels ;)

steady.................Im debating on running 14" wheels. I have 15's atm and they fit the car well just woundering if 14's would be lost in the arch with 45 profile tyres, im running d2 coilovers.

Lets get pic whoring :)

Peter

Unless they are uber rare alloys/you dont want any others/very temp wheels id avoid 14" at all costs....i run standard 14" glanza alloys on my NA good tyres are very hard to find of which theres is very few brands....your limited with brake upgrades....not to mention the traction issues with a smaller footprint even with some ok ish tyres...

Stick to your 15" alloys would be my advice

I do agree with Asad tyers can be a bitch to fine but if you know the right people then you shouldnt have a proble :) As for traction i dont have a problem what so ever tbh :) but saying that ill let you know when i turn the boost up to 1.1bar nextweek lol

was going to say i am running a tdo4, i do understand bigger wider wheels more traction etc as i had 9's on my s14a. tyres are availible on cam skill black circles etc. the only worry is brake upgrades . im looking at getting the 4 pot kit of the trader on here

Tyres are avaliable but good ones arent, tr1's/uniroyals/eagles etc there arent any....kumho ku31's were the daddy imo now theyve been superceeded by kh31 which i have on order and im not holding my breath :/ ....Traction/handling in the dry and wet becomes a massive issue for a turbo car with cheap tyres

I doubt you'll find a 4pot brake kit that'll fit under 14s I'm only running GT4 Brakes with a 277.5mm disc and they just fit under my 15"s, I believe the aftermarket brake disc sizes are even bigger

Wms does a 14" 4 pot brake kit and a twinpot kit, but they are like ~£100 less than a standard size 4pot brake kit for the starlet which has a bigger disc......again it boils down to the wheels are they that special? I understand phils situation as his wheels are unique/rare....use 15"...the worlds your oyster