Russ's TD05 Forged 96 Glanza V

I think you Southend lot need to come help me up in Colchester could provide a BBQ and beer ? ;p

im always up for helping out a member mate,

you got my number let me know and maybe we can sort a day when a few of us are available to help out :thumbsup:

sent my blitz nur spec to the welding shop today to have wideband bung welded in and a hanger sorted out, and my race spec rocker is being made yay :)

Edited by russ78
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iddy mate take bow :angel:

I honestly mean it man but without your resources mate I don't know what I woulda done.

Idworkz FTW !! :yahoo:

(even though I never got a idworkz decal haha)

Edited by russ78

Looks awesome mate!

cheers mate gotta get my Jam rear end fitted and a bloody good polish then ill get some proper photos up,

not ones with all our workshops shitty waste oil on display lol

Edited by russ78

Ok so glanza pretty much running sweet now have a couple of minor issues but getting there with em so after 8 months of dirt and grime I treated her to a clean inside and outside shes officially home now :)

such an amazing feeling after 8 months of trails and tribulations to finally have her where she belongs so thought id share a couple of quick snaps I took after her well needed bath

1st one is a cheeky shot of my 99 Toyota BB in the background

20130820_1722411_zpsc7f0a249.jpg

20130820_1722355_zpsf0c53285.jpg

20130820_1722555_zps4802d652.jpg

Edited by russ78

looking good russ..

mines meant to be mapped by the weekend, so sunday night if your still up for it should be cool

course im up for it matey,

gotta sweeten up my boss so I can finish early but other than that im there buddy :thumbsup:

While your on the topic, which areas good to go for the bank holiday. Last few times I've been over the past year or so has been dead at lakeside. I heard basildon's good but never know where to head?

bank holiday sunday somethings going on but its still under wraps atm,

but laindons dead nowdays and lakeside started to get busy but has dropped off again

laindon and lakeside has died off, good as it soon pick up again..

excel is still on, just hit and miss when really..

tbh im not really sure where it happens now, as lakeside was one of a kind..

back on topic, russ your boss has to let you go, he held you up over the glanza already!!!

laindon and lakeside has died off, good as it soon pick up again..

excel is still on, just hit and miss when really..

tbh im not really sure where it happens now, as lakeside was one of a kind..

back on topic, russ your boss has to let you go, he held you up over the glanza already!!!

tell me about it mate,

but hey he funds the progression of my glanza so cant upset him to much haha :D

• 1 month later...
been a long time since I last done an update as my glanza's been off the road due to a overheating problem which turned out to be a couple of things first was ARP headbolts wernt up to the job as they were not torqueing down to the recommended spec without stretching and in the case of 2 bolts actually snapping in half before reaching the spec!!

so threw them away and got some oem bolts which I have to say was the best decision I made during the whole build, also had my spare head rebuilt at the same time valves reseated, new stem seals, pressure tested etc etc and a brand new Athena 1.2 headgasket and then all back together oh and also a new water pump gasket, as id got paranoid about it so wanted to eliminate that as a problem once all back together still was mildly overheating so scratched my head for a fair few days then It dawned on me that the rad fan polarity was round the wrong way
have to say a massive thanks to jayc-glanza17 who spent so many hours with me taking bits off and replacing with new but we got there eventually
so I thought it was time to treat the glanza to a makeover and purchased some livesports sideskirts and I already have my jam rear so this will keep me busy over the winter
these turned up in the post this morning :yahoo:
20131015_120852_zpsa00d3a04.jpg
already have this to be fitted
20130724_230637_zps15dde29b.jpg
Edited by russ78