How To Tell From Real And Fake Parts.. MUST LOOK!!

mods if this is in the wrong section you can move it.. smile.png

rite lads and girls i went through a lot of site's to make sure i was 100% on this..
this is just a rad cap.. so can ya imagine how many other fakes are out there..

FAKE

EBAY4.jpg

EBAY2.jpg

EBAY3.jpg

REAL

RHDCUSCO.jpg

REALCUSCOSHOP.jpg

THIS NEXT PIC IS FROM CUSCO'S WEB PAGE

radcap-a-b.jpg

AND HERE IS THE LINK TO THERE WEB PAGE

http://www.cusco.co....turbo_pipe.html

Edited by Rock-Kick-Ass
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's not just ebay bud even lads would buy 100 sets off the crap stuff and flog them for same price as the real ones.. ebay was just an example of were to pic up the fake shit

Yeah must admit i've seen it at the shows too saan the fake bride seats for sale at the last Japshow :(

Maybe we should start a thread with all the fake parts we know of where we have seen them and how to tell if they are fake?

Edited by zebedee

Yeah must admit i've seen it at the shows too saan the fake bride seats for sale at the last Japshow :(

Maybe we should start a thread with all the fake parts we know of where we have seen them and how to tell if they are fake?

il be up for that.. it be good to get other people 's experience with the fake stuff and were it been sold etc: etc:

so i vote for this to be stickyd.. :D

Edited by Rock-Kick-Ass

I hate fake :(

Im with you on this one

i HATE, fakes and direct coppies/replicas when i comes to cars.

Wheels and body parts are my main pet hates!!

Can stand the fact that people buy the genuine article and have copies made claiming to to be that style when they are just a direct copy of that product, so when you comes to buying parts that you think could be genuine you have no idea if it is or not because the market is floodded with SHIT!!unless its genuinly stamped up which alot of stuff isnt!!

Thats just my veiw though rant over 8P

i do agree to a point,

but i think some examples stand out above the rest for example the autobahn88 FMIC is a direct copy of the blitz FMIC but a fraction of the price imo a good quality intercooler copy or not.

theres many more examples ie japspeed exhaust is also a copy of a Blitz but again a fraction of the cost

so sometimes it just allows people with not such as bigger budget as others to still have a piece of the pie and enjoy it to ......

Edited by russ78

i do agree to a point,

but i think some examples stand out above the rest for example the autobahn88 FMIC is a direct copy of the blitz FMIC but a fraction of the price imo a good quality intercooler copy or not.

theres many more examples ie japspeed exhaust is also a copy of a Blitz but again a fraction of the cost

so sometimes it just allows people with not such as bigger budget as others to still have a piece of the pie and enjoy it to ......

Yes they are rip offs but are not identical as the fit of a genuine blitz is far superior to any chinese tat.

As for smaller budgets thats where buying copies and rips off of certain products like fake hks dump valves and Sard FPR's can cost you more in the long run.

Its when people think its ok to directly coppy stuff like JAM kits and Varis kits or Work wheels and Volks

copying imo is wrong no matter what it is but i do get what you mean about price of certain things like intercoolers and exhausts but you pay for what you get and anybody who buys genuine items knows how much better they fit.

i had a japseed crap exhaust on my 200sx and i bought a blitz nur spec for it and the fit was miles better!!

• 4 weeks later...

Got This From Rays Web Page

CAUTION: RAYS REPLICA - DURA NUTS

2010/10/13

RAYS Company Limited Announcement, For Immediate Release!

Dear Valued Customers,

We greatly appreciate your support for RAYS product and services.

It has already been aware of many replica products out on the current market.

One of our most recent product was the replica of our RAYSGEAR DURA-NUTs.

Images on the right shows the differences between the original and replica.

These differences include: package logo, print, color, finishings on the inside of each

bolt. We are unaware of the strength and durability of each item, however, kindly be

reminded that these hold the wheels onto your car. It can be disasterous if the

products fail during usage (same issue applies to wheels).

Please make sure to purchase authentic RAYS products through an authorized dealer.

All RAYS products are researched, developed, and tested to meet and exceed required

standardizations globally.

In the upcoming weeks, we are taking procedures to make necessary changes to

make sure that authentic items can be separated from the replica.

Again, we appreciate your understanding and your continous support with RAYS.

Thank you,

Management

Overseas Marketing Division

RAYS Company Limited

208-2-170319.jpg

208-1-170319.jpg

whats your point dude?

as long as people arent being ripped off or being sold these as genuine then why does this matter? like its pretty obvious that these parts are replicas like

i sell alot of this stuff to the irish lads the dvs, catch cans ect ect over the 2 odd years that i have i have never once had a single complaint about quality or anything, i met a lad in july who bought a hks dv off me 2 years ago and it was still working 100%

yous can give out about the replica stuff all yous like but id say everyone on here has bought at least 1 replica item at one stage or another so no need to be getting on your high horse about it

everything you have posted is common knowledge anyway im sure all forum threads that your pulling these off are years old like

Yes they are rip offs but are not identical as the fit of a genuine blitz is far superior to any chinese tat.

As for smaller budgets thats where buying copies and rips off of certain products like fake hks dump valves and Sard FPR's can cost you more in the long run.

Its when people think its ok to directly coppy stuff like JAM kits and Varis kits or Work wheels and Volks

copying imo is wrong no matter what it is but i do get what you mean about price of certain things like intercoolers and exhausts but you pay for what you get and anybody who buys genuine items knows how much better they fit.

i had a japseed crap exhaust on my 200sx and i bought a blitz nur spec for it and the fit was miles better!!

ive had a copy hks for over 3 years and its still working and would fail to see how it would cost me in the long run using one? i sold a rep sard fpr to a lad who has 2 starlet engines in one car over a year ago and its still functioning perfectly

jam copied toyota on alot of their parts and so did alot of companys if you want to go that way about it like what makes them any better or the right to do it?

you really dont know what your talking about lad in fairness, if stuff was really that bad these rep parts would have died out long long ago

The fact is some of these are getting sold as genuine.

I think its a good idea to have this so that if you want to buy genuine, you know what to look for so you dont get mugged off.

If you want to buy rep. Stuff then its up to you, you can save money and still have the visual and bonus of an after market performance part without the cost.

This list isnt doing anybody any harm other than people trying to flog fake goods as genuine so imo let it be.

i never said to take it down but i dont like how people can give out about the replica stuff all of a sudden, as said im sure everyone on here has something thats replica

there is plenty more info out there and mostly on the likes of the blitz/hks/apexi websites on how to spot a replica unit, always do your research before you buy something

i have yet to see a bad quality replica item or even proven otherwise, just make sure your not being ripped off when buying one

dont take it personaly dude...

im just letting the lads know what to look out for

im not trying to stop you from makeing a liven .. but i got stung on a fake real part.. ya get me.. and i for one will never let this happen to me or anybody else...

i for one hate when people sell shit like cusco rad cap for sale.. £20 ok now it didn't say geniune part in the lads sale thraed but nor did it say it was a replica.. i was gona buy it until i found out that it was a fake piece of crap... and i did more looking into it and for an extra £5 you could buy the real deal....

if people wana buy replicas more power to them.. to me this thraed is for people wanting to buy the real stuff and what to look out for.. plus this is also for people who will go to private sales and hopefully this will let them know what to look for wat ever part there going to buy...

Edited by Rock-Kick-Ass

defo dont make a living selling this stuff i only sell it cause i was ripped off my self years ago and i sort out the lads now pretty much at what it costs

tbh lad as a general rule you pay for what you get regardless of knowing if they are fake or not, if the price is too good to be true then usually its a replica, always ask the seller about it before buying it

them rad caps come in different fittings and for different cars aswell dude just so you know

ive had a copy hks for over 3 years and its still working and would fail to see how it would cost me in the long run using one? i sold a rep sard fpr to a lad who has 2 starlet engines in one car over a year ago and its still functioning perfectly

jam copied toyota on alot of their parts and so did alot of companys if you want to go that way about it like what makes them any better or the right to do it?

you really dont know what your talking about lad in fairness, if stuff was really that bad these rep parts would have died out long long ago

TBH i couldnt give a flying horse shite if you run fake parts or not or sell them for that matter, you can whine on all night about who runs what and all my coppies have been fine etc. At the end of the day they are still fakes/replicas and havent had the same R and D. Its up to you if you want to run things like fpr or waste gates that havent been tested, but i wouldnt and i dont think you should be recommending products to people that havent had said R and D and describing them as being fine. Yes they *may* have been ok but thats not the point in this.

The other thing is that its hard to tell when other people are selling stuff on as genuine when its not

Not once did i say they wouldnt last??

You really dont know what your talking about lad in fairness

People buy coppies because they are cheaper and can be disguised as the real thing

I think people are getting "fake" and "replica" mixed up a bit here!

IMO

Replica = good. Gives people the option of having performance parts at a fraction of the cost of genuine with no pretence of being the genuine article. Granted you won;t get eh same build quaility, but then you know that when you buy it

Fake = bad. Items being passed off as genuine so the buyer is being con'd.

ahhhh lol I still have to add this lol sorry

Real

yhst-1408381693991_2233_38463300.jpg

fake

SlipstreamWhite.jpg

lol sorry

The amount of people i have seen running rotas who remove the centre caps makes me laugh too, even better when the put the likes of Work or volk caps in :)

I hate fake stuff

but if some one is stupid enough to buy shit for £30 when the Normal price is £200 than don't that tell you something

Thats all good in the new market but it's when it's in the used market that it get difficult to tell.

I'd like to change my FPR but can't trust a sard one or a turbosmart one unless i buy new from an authrozied dealer.

Whilst we're on this lol I have to add

Real

F746E930-EFE8-4BBF-97F6-167641827AB8-2413-000002ACD8F68081.jpg

Fake

20030F44-3972-4D77-901C-DBE869DD8BC7-2413-000002ACD46F7C27.jpg

Real

DB61C08A-5B40-4DE5-8826-DE4C4DB4AB88-2413-000002AC3E82D3F2.jpg

Fake

B6B8FB64-B78E-4014-AA0E-A12F69F532F8-2413-000002ACD112DC9F.jpg

I know they look good and they are a cheap alternative to proper Jdm wheels and a lot if people "just don't get that Jdm shit" but it's quality that counts isn't it? Like said earlier u can't just buy a sard fpr anymore cause likely chance is it'll be fake :(

699BFBE8-5D3D-417C-9FA0-BC73C688498E-2413-000002AEC6A9761B.jpg