How To Tell From Real And Fake Parts.. MUST LOOK!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

here is away to tell the fiffernce betwwen real RG II and the fake ones,it is as follows

RG II in 15'' to 16'' do not come in the colur of gold they only did gold on the bigger size's like 17'' and up.

here is a link to advans web site and u can see for urself http://www.yokohamawheel.jp/brand/advan_rg2/index_jpn.html

and here is a place that sell's them if u click on the 15'' and 16'' to buy u will get an option of wat colour u want and u will see that gold is not there.. then click the 17'' and u will see that gold is an option.. http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/advan-rg-ii-wheels-c-6424_4542_4544_4545.html

now 15'' and 16'' advan RG I came in gold but they no longer make them and they dont have the advan racing etched on the alloys but only a blue sticker wit white advan racing on it..

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=advan+rg+1&view=detail&id=49928D7F7AFA80DE314934884CC6ACCD053B16E9

and also they shud be markings on the inside of the wheels like this http://www.e-barang.my/uploads/-174248808_-1564916602.jpg

what was on the inside of the ones i got Photo-0054_zpse82c49da.jpg

now u know wat to look for if ya ever see a set up for sale..

Thats fake man see the way half the bride is missing in the fabric bride dont do that it should say bride all the way down clearly instead of half the word chopped off at the top ther is a guide on the bride web page can't post a link as I'm in my phone

Friend of a friend who isn't rite in the head imported 4 sets from Japan apparently and he had this spare but sounds like I can get the other one for the same sort of price but just happy as the pic I put up is of one on eBay at the min 3 times the price already with 5 days to go it don't bother me if it is real or not like I say I was after the lightweight bit and it looks tidy

Think the fakes say made in thiwan and the real ones say made in japan sumone must have imported a shit load of fakes I messaged a seller on eBay that had a set of of the brides with the carbon back he had them up for 580 or sumthin but I didn't bother getting back to him he sent me a message a few days later saying I could have a pair for 280 lol they do lol the part... I just wouldn't risk it with having my kid in the car n that will stick with the recaros I think

• 10 months later...

easiest ways to spot a Sard fake are;

1. no sard seal of approval on the box looks like this images_zpsmv9etrwi.jpeg

2. comes with a gauge sard never sold fpr's with a gauge only fakes come with a gauge.

3. on fuel pressure regulator the inlet should have 2 dots stamped underneath fakes dont generally

there are tons of other subtle irregularity's click the link above to see them.

Edited by russ78

http://www.redlinegti.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41555

loads of info on spotting fake sards as there seems to be a lot if people selling fake china shit might stop someone getting ripped off.

BEST WAY TO SPOT A FAKE IS IF ITS CHEAP IT WILL BE FAKE.

YOU CANT BUY A SARD FPR DIRECT FROM JAPAN FOR UNDER £75 SO IF SOMEONES KNOCKING THEM OUT NEW FOR £55 JUST DO THE MATHS GUYS,

THEY WILL BE 100% MADE IN CHINA NOT JAPAN

Edited by russ78

I think people are getting "fake" and "replica" mixed up a bit here!

IMO

Replica = good. Gives people the option of having performance parts at a fraction of the cost of genuine with no pretence of being the genuine article. Granted you won;t get eh same build quaility, but then you know that when you buy it

Fake = bad. Items being passed off as genuine so the buyer is being con'd.

Exactly this.

Rota's are replicas. They're very closely based on some existing, expensive wheels, but are branded differently and cost a lot less. This is fair enough because people have the choice, if they are only after the looks then Rota will suit them, if they want to pay more for a better brand, higher quality etc then they are free to do so.

Some of that fake stuff listed above is shocking, things like the HKS pulley... I for one wouldn't know the real from the fake, OK maybe now I can spot the differences..

But whereas a real HKS one might cost say, £100, it's gonna be well made, well designed and reliable. Someone having very passable fakes made up and packaged as the real thing for cheap bulk pricing then selling them for the same £100 RRP as the genuine thing, is wrong. The buyer isn't being given a choice between real and replica, like Autobahn and Blitz, instead they're being tricked into paying the price of a genuine item, for something that could fail or break because it's a cheaply made fake.

I'll only ever buy branded items from reputable sites and traders, eBay is pretty bad for this stuff nowadays..