a GT who's home is in the hotter parts of the world

HEY HEY to all my fellow uksc members its been over a year now that im saying i should do one of these so that people can see what my little lady look like and today seems like the day where ill actually get it done

as the tittle says im long way away from you guys in Trinidad, but this magic box called a computer keeps me in the loop. Must say that you guys have been ever so helpful and I must give a shout out to a few of the members on here Idrees for sure the man with all the goodies, GT phayer, keri-WMS (any one and i mean anyone in need of brakes this is the man to deal with hes got his shit down ... only man i know who said shipping to trinidad sure man piece of cake big up to WMS)

living in the caribbean has its perks but also has many down sides mainly being sourcing parts that are not millions of miles away. the price of the parts isn't the problem but the the shipping costs is what gets me in the arse every time.

any who it all started with a wonderfully not molested 93 GT...

nothing special power windows blah blah blah bought from a guy down here who just didn't love cars enough to have it so i had to find a way to get it off his hands.

only mods i had seen was he had a

front mount intercooler not even sure what it cam off of,

greddy turbo timer,

hks blow off valve,

some very ugly gauges on the pillar,

a no name steering wheel,

front upper strut bar,

and a mint boddy for me to work with

IMG-20110523-00049.jpg

IMG-20110523-00050.jpg

as usual when u buy anything there are problems the old idiot didn't tell you about and the following week my water pump went and i over heated so to the garage i went and we hooked my lady up with new

water pump

thermostat

timing belt

spark plugs and leads

new distributer cuz i had one laying around

break pads

changed all the oils and fluids

and set out to find me some proper tires

i wasn't quite working yet and had spent all my money literally purchasing the car (which was seriously over priced as there are not to many in the country and they hold a high price down here for no apparent reason)... regardless some saving was in order and while i was at university all my spending money wen into the piggy bank aka an old shoe box

first piece of money i spent on it was a new grill and head lights i had to go quad only because there hella sexy and the GTs down here generally are all the regular lights I was in university at the time in Canada and had them shipped to me up there and traveled home with the lights and grill in me suitcase with a nice new hid kit to go (passing through customs i was sweating lol didn't wana pay shit lol)

didnt know i had to cut the chassis but that was trivial and by the end of the day (we really did procrastinate) i had me a quad light GT

IMG-20110526-00056.jpg

that christmass i had a little cash and decided a nice powder coat of the rims wouldn't dent me much so i decided that id push forward and make her little pretty

IMG-20110622-00097.jpg

IMG-20110720-00122.jpg

I know it looks a little weird but i didnt have the cash to lower it so yes it does look like a hilux because it so high in the air.

pics of the lights fitted after i got the HID kit in there as well

IMG-20110824-00152.jpg

well it was back to canada to study and again the saving of money till i got home bought some goodies while i was over there found me a halman boost controller a genuine momo steering wheel some momo mats to match a sequential blow off that is yet to be fitted. months later i returned home with pockets of cash to find a random monster sticker on me lady that my little cousins decided to put on there... didnt bother me much so i left it for the time being

random pic as i got home she was just screaming hello at me

IMG-20110720-00123.jpg

that summer i had me a little bouncident and my head light cracked .... ill admit to it i wasn't looking while turning into a car spot and there where some bricks that were not usually their pilled up in front but o well had to order me some more parts so to the magic internet box i went ordered a new grill and head light ... dam japanese people sent me the original grill so unfortunately i now had 2 grills i couldn't use... they fixed me up pretty well and sent me a new grill... the bumper was trashed to and i lost the bumper with the nice air ducts on the side... luckily a partner of mins had a spare bumper and he gave it to me for free woop woop

i took this opportunity seeing as i had to order stuff to order a bit more and then came my original GT starlet rear 3 point strut bar .... for some reason when it came it didn't line up properly so we had to turn the parts that went over the bolts so out came the saw and the welding machine

after we cut them of and tack them back in we made sure it lined up properly

IMG-20120619-00164.jpg

and then we got to welding (shout out to my boy justin the guy welding hes the crazy mechanic behind all my projects)

IMG-20120619-00165.jpg

that night called for some dinner on me as justin didn't want to work on the car so off to rubby tuesdays we went and they gave me crayons to draw with so i drew the only thing i could think of lol

IMG-20120306-00037.jpg

the guy who owned the car before me had the intercooler piping run really stupid and i would scrape it on speed bumps so that was the next thing i tackled i know the piping i put isnt ideal but it was just to stop the scraping ... Im looking to order a propper autobahn88 kit this christmas

so off cam the bumper and in went the new piping

IMG-20110813-00134.jpg

the next piece of money to go was on a full grounding kit for the GT it made a difference as i had some grounding issues and it made me engine bay little pretty groundingkit.jpg

was driving around one night and by boys girlfriend asked me to drive the car and i said why the hekk.... not she started driving and didn't do to badly when all of a sudden crack bang crackle pop and me lady wouldn't go in gears

back to justins house crawling in second gear only to find out the next morning the clutch literally exploded lol so new clutch it was

bought an entire kit and slapped the bad boy in

IMG-20110819-00139.jpg

got her back a day later and decided to take some pics

IMG-20110816-00135.jpg

IMG-20110831-00158.jpg

IMG-20110904-00160.jpg

again back to school and some saving and christmas time rolled around again

christmas presents who needs those just give me money everyone lol :yahoo:

IMG-20111226-00259.jpg

that plus savings set me up good for some more goodies

got in touch with gt phayer and snagged me a JD tuning cooler pannel of him and had it sent to trinidad with one of my girl friends who is studying in leeds

IMAG0063.jpg

i also bough me an

areomotive fpr

mishimoto half size radiator and fan pluss the mounting brackets (cant remember the bloke i got the brackets of smh) :unknw:

some gab coil overs (holly stiffness) car rides soo well now in the corners though

IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

a shot of the stance after the coil-overs were put on and a i got the car buffed and waxed

IMG-20120709-00202.jpg

a little latter a friend of mine in photography school asked me to take some pics of the car for her portfolio lol and i was more than glad to get me some proper shots

IMG_9811.jpg

IMG_9802.jpg

IMG_9797.jpg

IMG_9795.jpg

with that done i decided to find me some rare stuff and some how managed to pull some wind deflectors out of my ass down here .... extreemly hard to find in trinidad and i mean extremely

especially as they are original toyota parts

IMAG0062.jpg

IMAG0061.jpg

again random night with my boy after we decided to get into a little car race to the gas station

IMAG0032.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

hess so proud of his little honda so sad ... hondas psssssshhhhhh lol looks good though full type r swap in that bad boy .... pulls hard to when vtec kicks in but by then the star boy is long gone.... GT TURBOS FOREVER LOL

now comes the part that everyone wants the power....

so i have decided to go the tdo4 rout as its been done many times before and is tested to work... bought me a kit off a guy down here full kit so all i have to do is bolt him on

already orded a tial external waste gate and screamer pipe its on its way

i havent gotten to ordering the forged internals but thats next on the list

unfortunately i can not afford the stand alone management right now so i had to settle for a piggy back and i had an aem fic lying around so im making that work for now

before we put the all that stuff in i placed me an order for a WMS brake kit as standard brakes wont cut it.... at the current time its some where flying over the atlantic to me .... BIG shout out to Keri from WMS this guy makes ordering stuff a breeze and he knows his shizz ... any one needing brakes i kid you not do not second guess this go to him the brake kits are not only amazingly priced but the customer service is out of this world... I have not gotten the kit obviously but reviews speak a thousand words and i have only heard good things.

got me some propper gauges as well i could not stand the gauges on the pillar they were ugly and the idiot before me drilled holes in the pillar to mount them so out with them and in with the new shadow gauges.....

easy to install and look minty fresh if you ask me....

it was a toss up to decide where to put them and i decided to go some where original .... many have voiced that they can imagine putting them there because it would be to much in their view but im short so it doesn't bother me one bit plus the gauges have 8 levels of brightness and dim when the lights turn on so the never blind u really they gauges came with all the sensors necessary and it was a small drill into the exhaust for the ehaust temp and the water temp came with an adaptor to scree into as well easy peasy

also on the list of things to do is to fit my recaros

takata racing belts

im sticker bombing the front lip and the toms rear wing i have on its way from idrees

looking into a quaife lsd diff ... if any one has any input there i would gladly take any advice u have on that

aem water meth kit

and finally these bad boys lol they are on hold right now for me just waiting for another $1000 aka 100 pounds with 195 45 tires i have now this will only look amazing :D:blink::wub:

img3282b.jpg

here are the guages

gauges.jpg

gauges2.jpg

IMG-20120621-00169.jpg

also got me a new grill and had that fitted excuse the quality of this shot

IMG-20120623-00172.jpg

grill.jpg

some pics i had of the turbo and a day at the track

got to give a shout out to my semi sponsors shift performance who have been helping me get the car track ready

IMG-20111215-00246.jpg

IMAG0069.jpg

finally got some paint on the rear strut as we were painting a subaru blue and decided to make it little pretty lol

IMG-20120623-00174.jpg

265948_514031591956750_1119154239_o.jpg

546468_487222724639212_354998997_n.jpg

yesterday we went by justin for some drinks as it was a holiday... his grage was actually clear no cars in it very strange for him actually and he was in a good mood so he said lets start wiring up the ecu lol .... i just wanted u guys to see what i mean bout the boy being crazzy .... lol this is him in typical frog stance working in an engine bay... says it saves his back hahahah lol

IMAG0058.jpg

well thats it for now ill update u as the updates come in as parts arrive ill photo them and as they get in and on the car photo that as well .... hope u guys enjoy

Edited by rasslenny

i deffo would not let him work on my car !!!

lol i know what u mean but he is honestly the man down here he works on anything and everything fast... he has 2 skylines an 8 second talon two golf r32s on steroids and a bora vr6 turbocharged he knows his stuff and he does all my work for free so im really not gona complain if he stands on my tappet cover