Charl and Sam's glanza project

So we finally got a glanza! went to buy an LSD gear box off torturedglitch in doncaster (lovely lad) and got chatting, came to a deal for the whole shell, including most of what was left of the car barring a few things. Convinced the better half Sam (flaminsam) to chip in and go halves and start a new project with me, he agreed without a lot of persuasion.

The shell itself is a silver 96 spec ep91, but she's been rubbed down and filled in places ready for a full respray. A rough list of what she came with;

- complete Engine barring exhaust manifold (debatable working order, will cross that bridge soon)

- hybrid ct9 (again unknown condition but doesn't seem to have a lot of shaft play and no cracks etc)

- optional 3 point rear strut with all plastics

- kyb shocks and lowering springs all round

- all callipers, and brake lines but only rear discs

- walboro fuel pump

- boost gauge

- all interior plastics, clocks etc but no seats.

- both engine and interior loom, and ecu

- all body panels, bootlid, bumpers, spoiler, bonnet, doors, folding wing mirrors etc

- fuel pressure regulator

- loads of bits like brake servo, clutch cylinder, reservoirs, radiator with hoses, abs sensors etc

We don't really have a time scale for the project to be completed but i would like to keep chipping away at it over winter, as and when time and funds allow. it's nice and dry and safe tucked away in the lock up now so no rush and no getting rained off.

Plans for it right now are

- Full respray, thinking midnight purple or gunmetal grey, but most likely the purple.

- engine and box back in and eventually fire her up and see what happens engine wise.

- keep the rear stripped, sound deadening carpet in the back

- td04 kit eventually

- nice set of rims, maybe rotas when the money is there

- emanage blue and remap by will at rdt when and if she gets that far

Plans may change over time, but that's the rough idea as it stands now.

a few pics;

15h66g.jpg

nn2j9u.jpg

34jce1j.jpg

2w4zas8.jpg

10shj0y.jpg

dash when we got it home yesterday;

nn8y34.jpg

bit of time and guess work today and how she looks now;

kuted.jpg

282j69c.jpg

loom is back in place and dash is back in, doesn't look as much of a headache now all that horrible wiring is hidden.

I'm really happy with it considering what i payed, and i'm looking forward to seeing it with some paint on it :) bringing another starlet back to life yay :D

2012-05-12212014.jpg

thats the colour ya want. its a honda accord vtec colour but thats as much as i know. a mate sprated a rocker cover for my old v in it.

It's called pirate's black, my big brother had a civic mb6 in that colour and it looked awesome in the sunlight

2012-05-12212014.jpg

thats the colour ya want. its a honda accord vtec colour but thats as much as i know. a mate sprated a rocker cover for my old v in it.

Thanks for the kind words guys. That colour is sexual, love it! Might be a winner ;) I'm going to get the engine bay sprayed so we can put an engine and box in it so its at least towable, can't be messed with putting it on a trailer all the time haha

you'll have to pop up sometime and see it mate, hopefully have paint on it around christmas. a friend of a friend has a spray shop, and will provide everything and do a full respray for £500. It's at a proper spray shop so will no doubt come out ten times better than what i can do with rattle cans in a freezing cold lock up haha.