I need some help picking a clutch for my EP82 which I am planning to convert to a manual sometime in the next couple of months. It's a TD04 so to be on the safe side I want something that is capable of running 240-250bhp even though I will most likely be mapping to 220-230 I'd rather overspec than underspec. Don't really want to spend any more than £300 if possible, the less the better and it doesn't matter if it's normal or paddle clutch. If people could tell me what clutch they have and what is good and bad about it that would be great. Also how many miles roughly do you get out of uprated clutches with mixed driving? Thanks

Ive got one of these
/>http://www.tuningdevelopments.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=15_27&products_id=182 cheapest branded paddle clutch that i know of, theres a fair few people with these clutches on this forum.

Good clutch, cant fault it, got a nice peddle considering its a paddle, ill be running close too 300 soon, so ill see how it holds up then :) lol.

Agree with Starbo and ro55ifumi I have run the same clutch from TD awsome bit of kit great price for a geat clutch I'm running td04 at 1 bar so not as powerful as those two boys but it's never misses a hit and real easy to drive with

That tuning developments clutch looks pretty good. Any idea of how many miles it will last on a TD04 @ 1-1.1 bar? Most of my driving is on rural roads just sitting at 60-70 most of the time with some spirited driving from time to time.

What we talking about 60k miles or more? The clutch in my old corsa redtop did 112k miles before it gave up but I doubt very much it will do that many miles haha.

Cheers for that link socks don't have alot of funds just now but I will see what it goes for and try and get it.

We sell a lot of the SPEC clutches, they work well, we still run the same clutch in Nicks GT which has been on various engines for the last 5 years!

We also offer it with a 3.8kg lightweight flywheel for £599.00 :)

Cheers

Mike Jones

Tuning Developments Ltd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Get a ACT stage 5

Was rated to about 450 lbft i think

had one in the civic and took abuse all day long on track days about 30 runs at pod and a year of driving and was still running perfectly when i sold it

not overly expensive either

harsh bite on it tho, literaly all or nothing, no biting point so was fun pulling of at 4k in the wet haha

Edited by Jack-CTR

Yeah im tempted by the tuning developements one just got to save money lol

Well atm im running 220 brake and use it as a daily so dont want too harsh

Was looking on tuning developements website earlier and and saw a exedy organic clutch which was cheaper but would it take the power?

Would rather do it once and do it properly

Over spec it and you havent.got to worry about it breaking.and can really abuse it ( in a safe appropriate manner )

glanza is running 280bhp on a spec 6 pad and it feels lile.a standard clutch to me, havent had it slipping yet, will see on track or at pod next year when i give it some.death

Edited by Jack-CTR