Pic Request - Gearbox Mount

Yeah i thought as much, major fucking bodge. One of many unfortunately. I'll add new bolts to the long list off essential parts then haha.

So the way it is just now the box / engine would be sitting further towards the front of the car than usual yeah ?

• 1 month later...

Right ok, i had a bit of time to work on the car today so i decided to put my engine and box back in the bay. Its a different GT box to that one ^ It came with a mount that sits flush to the box with the correct bolts and no pikey washers. Only thing is that is doesn't line up with the mount on the underside of the car.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what i can do to get it to line up ?

Only thing i can think of is that my car was born with a OEM LSD box and the mount is different ??

Any help is appreciated. Dan.

They can be a bit of a pain to line up tbh mate mine took a lot of rocking the engine on a jack and some pry bar action to get it in. OEM LSD has a completely different shaped rear mount so not one of them.

Edited by steve-gers

I tried everything haha, i took the other mounts off and put the middle one first then the other two were out by miles.

Can the middle one be adjusted forward where it bolts to the floor ? There must be a reason why there were washers there in the first place though.

I'm using the bracket that came on the new box, C52 box by the way. Its the same type of bracket as that one pictured ^ but with no washers. I think its something to do with the actual mount under the car. Pics in 2 mins.

Yeah think is alloy, like the other two on the car. Its out to the left ( when facing the car from the bay ) slightly and out at the back by a fair bit. And even though it looks quite close in the pics it really isnt haha.

Yea i see i would expect that as i really have to force my engine back to get it too meet the mount. But im pretty sure your rear mount is the issue i know ep91's had steel mounts but not sure about 82's but thought they were interchangable. This might be your issue?