Was run on a switch mate, I wouldn't advise doing it this way, it was just purely an experiment lol. But I never had the chance to find out how effective it was really because I needed a programmable management system to get the true potential out of it.

I'm sure the scooby type ra has that kind of system as standard and u can have it one pre-set where it will fire a most of water in under boost or u had the option to just use a switch and use it when u wanted

I think the scooby did, I do know that some car models have intercooler spray as a factory fit, like the RA model, not sure if its actually directly plumbed into the intake or if its indirect like using a spray bar on to the cooler.

There is a gt on gumtree that has this haha

/>http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/toyota-starlet-gt-turbo-manual-ic-cooler-water-spray-mot-tax-and-low-milage/1002854017

Its probably the screen wash hose unpluged and pointed at the cooler lol

I no that evos come standard with a water injections system it just sprays water straight into the intercooler

But thanks for all the advice lads I'm now looking into this water injection system

Looks like it could be a winner

I know AEM do a water/meth injection kit, but not too familier with that brand so can't say how well it works, I know it is slightly cheaper than the AquaMist gear, but I suppose you get what you pay for.

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/cp/cp1.html

http://www.aemelectronics.com/water-methanol-injection-kits-23/?osCsid=ltvndj563stlpqo5hr1guf8090

AEM seem to claim that you can increase your peak horsepower 15-20% and 20-25% torque. I find these figures very optimistic, but nonetheless, you will get a gain, how much would depend on the setup etc.

Lol if ya want less lag and a tad more power at the same voost then buy a vf series turbo lol simple solution. forget meth sprays and mental head work haha. why spend ££££`s when you could spend a couple hundred.

Lol if ya want less lag and a tad more power at the same voost then buy a vf series turbo lol simple solution. forget meth sprays and mental head work haha. why spend ££££`s when you could spend a couple hundred.

Chand this man tells the truth.

You would spend a ££££ on head work and cams etc. give me a call chap with regards head work u can have a chat to my engine guy and he can advise u :)

People have just said about less lag and more horsepower use a vf turbo

But a vf is the next size up turbo so yes I would gain more power at less boost but it would be very lagging compared to my setup

I'm running a td05 hybrid and it spools like a td04 but harder so I don't think the vf series is for me

And I'm just looking into different options I don't think il get cams or more head work done cause I'm not looking at spending thousands

But I am looking into a water/meth injection system

Me thinking out loud here but the tappets are solid on a 4e as standard? They are shimmed so actually do not have hydralic lifters? Also no point in getting high lift cams if you don't have them proportional to the valve. Any greater than a 25% lift of the diameter of the valve will not increase the flow. I read it somewhere in a engine Blue printing book. Its duration that you actually need.

Its the duration of the cams which can make them un-driveable on the road, high idle, lumpy and they shift the powerband further up the rev range.

Not too sure on the lift vs valve diameter ratio, but the valve will be the bottleneck.