Where do we start.... So fitted my turbo and finally all was good. Then me and Dave EP fitted my lightweight flywheel. We had the standard TMIC off when doing this to give us more space.

When we finished off and refitted it all I drove the car and noticed it wasnt making boost anywhere near the same.

I started to undo the de-cat when we were trying to get the gearbox back on because the brace was in the way but cudnt get the final bolt undone so left it on. I assumed there was a small boost leak from somewhere causing this so never worried as i planned to take the turbo off again for some final work.

So the next week the turbo came off got the work done now its back on everything refitted nice and tight and there is still massive lag. I'm hitting about 0.3 bar at 3000rpm and not hitting 0.6 to 0.7 untill around 4-4.5krpm.

I havent gave everything a good check and fitted an adjustable actuator for the 1st time when i refitted the turbo I thought it could be down to the actuator but surely this would just cause lower boost and not lag?

Is there any small vac pipes I could have over looked that could be causing this?? Whats your suggestions?

Cheers Guys.

I kinda have mate but its just the basic TMIC with the 2 tiny rubber pipes. Plus it makes boost higher through the revs. That could be it creeping due to the TMIC though i suppose.

But im sure the hoses are sealed and were fine before, Im defo going to have to give it another good check but im genuinely confused.

Edited by StuDoc 72

Aye am gna fiddle about with the actuator the only thing tht makes me doubt tht was was the week between doing the flywheel and the turbo it had the standard actuator on it and was still actng the same could be pure coincidence but ill give every idea a try mate.

I was hoping this would be the cause but with the arm being set too long surely it wouldnt be making boost higher up?? Or could this be creep due to the tiny intercooler do you reckon? I hope it was a leak last week and the actuator this week lol.

If the arm is too long it will still make boost when higher in the rpm as there is so much gas flow from the engine.

As David says, check the pre-load on the actuator arm first and go from there. Ensure it is holding the wastegate flap shut quite firmly.

Cheers

Mike Jones

Tuning Developments Ltd

So i checked last night and the arm on the actuator was slightly loose. I tightened it up a few turns and i do think it has began to sort the issue. The problem now being I had to have a pin made up as i didnt have the HKS 1 but the one on mine isnt a perfect fit so the actuator arm sits at an angle to the wastegate penny arm.

Does anyone have a spare pin kicking about on an old turbo or actuator?

So i checked last night and the arm on the actuator was slightly loose. I tightened it up a few turns and i do think it has began to sort the issue. The problem now being I had to have a pin made up as i didnt have the HKS 1 but the one on mine isnt a perfect fit so the actuator arm sits at an angle to the wastegate penny arm.

Does anyone have a spare pin kicking about on an old turbo or actuator?

just use a bolt and a nut, thats what my mate did when he had a hole/pin type the wrong way round

drill it out and use a nut

• 2 weeks later...

I got the same problem.

Got a new engine.

A new CT9 turbo ( not rebuilt but really new ).

A new HKS actuator.

Got full boost about 3500 - 4000RPM.

i wanted to be stock so i made a T piece betweeen the hose between the turbo and actuator to make the hi/lo button work.

Now i dont want it anymore so i did the bypass as we all know.

Still i got the boost problem.

Dont have a boostgauge , only the three lights on the dash.

Can upload a little clip tomorrow

Edited by Bryan-4E-FTE