Bangs and flames, how?

Mine used to spit flames on a JAM ECU if you kept your foot flat for long enough, didn't do my engine no good atall though my pistons were melted!

I assume that was on throttle it was doing it then? Wouldn't want that to happen lol.

So the jam ecu ruined your engine?

Did you ever discover why? What were the afrs like

Mine pops bangs n flames on over run when shifting gear quickly or letting of the throttle

U can do it when driving slow just come of the gas then literally put your big toes worth of pressure bk on the throttle n it will allow just enough fuel through to pop bang etc if your motor does it all the time regardless of how it's being driving I'd say there was an issue with the fueling as u don't want your car running to rich cuz u can do just as much damage that way as u can running lean ,

Yeah I've always seen tuned jap cars that after a ragging and on the run down they pop an bang a flame out, whereas mine don't seem to.

And yeah I've got a wideband to monitor it mate, it does drop fairly rich when you first plant the throttle but then leans off a bit once the revs start climbing so hopefully should be ok, I doubt it's much richer than stock anyway as they are known to run fairly rich

Ah I thought if heard that, someone was telling me what's the good in keeping the heat in as it heats the turbo up but I was sure I'd read a reason for doing it lol.

Any ideas on what's good stuff without a heavy price tag and how much would be necessary for a full system after the decat to just before backbox?

I thought it was rapid heating and cooling that cracked manis? There's quite a lot of people that run wrapped manis but I guess you could ask whoever supplied the mani and see what they say

Decat should be fine really mine is braced it's the non braced ones that can crack even unwrapped

Looks like it's gone up a bit in price

/>http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-Meter-Heat-Wrap-Exhaust-Downpipe-High-Temp-Insulating-Manifold-Rap-Tape-/280921398111?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4168385b5f