Got fuel + spark, car wont start...

As topic title really. Been having intermittent issues with starting for a month or so now, got the cause down to shagged fuel pump. Fitted a new walbro unit and all was good, started first turn of the key.

The other night I was driving and I suddenly lost all power, this was due to the distributer working its way loose as my friend didnt tighten it fully when i had it off to check it on his car to see if his one was knackered.

This morning went to start the car, fired up first time, drove 5 ft then car died, felt like when you run out of petrol but the car has fuel and is getting fuel to the rail as I took the fuel line off and fuel comes out when you crank the car. I took the spark plugs out one by one and tested in the HT lead, all seem to be getting a spark although it seems weak (spark was orange/yellow, been told it should be blue/white for strong spark), the spark plugs were black and soaked in fuel.

Is there an easy way to check the EFI fuse without just fitting a new one? Anything else that could be the problem, I am really stumped with this.

Cheers

Im sure the carbon deposits are caused by the car running slightly rich and the fuel by attempting to start the car over again. My friend just didnt torque up enough seemed good when i got it back and worked for about 1 week, heat + vibrations worked loose, freak accident. Car isnt going anywhere so you needn't worry about other road users...

Any tips on checking if timing is correct without getting it towed to a garage?

changed dizzy cap as it was looking a bit tired when i split it, timing checked, battery charged as it was a bit dead. Car turning over easily but still wont fire, where would i get an ignitor from if it turns out to be that when i take it off to check continuity, toyota? could it be anything else as this is really starting to annoy me now.

Timing wasn't the issue, had it checked all was good. I threw a new set of plugs in it today even thought the old ones seemed fine, car is working again, although i cant work out why just happy it is.

Moisture in dizzy cap ??? Mine used to stuggle after Heavy rain turned out to b dizzy letting water In also if the plugs was worn to a certin extent the electrode inside the plug would b broken down so would give a poor spark etc

Edited by jellybaby