which courier for gearbox?

As above looking at prices to courier a gearbox and driveshafts

Have anyone else sent one before and who did you use?

Ive seen paisleyfreight is £30 but thats up to 40kg and not sure if it would be over that? And doesnt say about insurance either

Cheers keiran

I booked my gearbox to be picked up by paisley freight, yeah 30 quid. Not gonna be over 40kgs but no insurance unless total loss i think.

Mine was supposed to be getting picked up yesterday, tracking says N/A and no emails or calls from them.....

Price, cheap

Service, erm i'll wait and see. Second time theyve been late collecting something.

Right, so the bloke sent me the dimensions and weight

The gearbox is 24inchx24inchx14inch and weighs 44kg, The box with the shafts and the rest of the bits is 24inchx18inchx9inch and weighs 13kgs. 

Or if its easier may be able to put them on a pallet

Was alot heavier than i thought!

All helps much appreciated :)

My old box weighted 32kgs with all the brackets etc still attached. I weighed it on a calibrated set of scales at work :/

Has he taken the cups out and drained the oil out?

Also now youve got the diamentions most sites have a quote by size and weight form you can fill out to get quotes anyway

i sent mine like 2 weeks ago via paisley frieght put it down as 32kgs as morgey had said and was like 30bucks if i recall to be honest doubt it was close to 32kgs with no brackets or anything on it as it was pretty light when i lifted it