fitted a ogura clutch and a diff to my car, now the biting point is so low i have to press the clutch redicously hard right up to the floor pan and this only just disingadges it to select a gear, also when i do this there a horrible rattling noise, anyone had any problems like this and how did you get over it, any help much appriciated

had a machanic there with me who fitted it while i did other bits, no i didnt bleed anything, i take it you mean the clutch fluid? have no idea what a lining tool is but will ask when he re-opens, he seemed to think the noise was ok and just said that what a paddle clutch sounds like which i thought was bollocks, and said i needed to get a longer clutch rod but couldnt see why it worked fine before

i would have thought that the clutch was fitted using a allignment tool hes changed my clutch before and was fine and was a good garage, i just unbolted the slave cylinder and tucked it to one side so didnt think i would have to replace the fluid doing this? ah that makes sense as we used the release bearing that was already in as i didnt have a new one for the ogura, does anyone know where an what do i need for this rattle surpressed release bearing? also thanks very much for your help so far guys

Edited by Dave D Glanza V

You could try, td or idworkz for the release bearing, or rhd japan but might be expensive.

Its always advisable to replace the clutch fluid but not necessary if you haven't undone the line, you will find when you replace it that its probably blackish in colour if its not been replaced in a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Right heres the thing, blitz and orc use a different bearing to oem, the bearing is easy to get and is about 50quid BUT the base/sadle of the unit is almost impossable to obtain :( i bought a whole second kit of a mate just for the bearing! And base mount.

However there are options to make the oem release bearing work. kieth at zisco said the pack out the fork where the clutch piston sits againt it on the top of the bell housing for the gear box with washers and it works fine, i personaly dont like the idea as although theres a constant preasure on the off chance one slips off over a large bump your back to square one and it wont be nice when or if it happened. alternativly a small bracket of say 2-3mm steel could easily be made to move the slave cylinder (piston) a few mm closer to the fork, this will take up the slack and give you the stock biting point back :D i strongly sugest this option and estimate it will take about 20-30mins to make one suited for the job. Make sure you keep the piston as alighned as posible to the fork as you dont want to cuase strain to it. but its a simple solution to a pain in the arse issue!! Me and turbo grant looked at this option and grant sys it will work (so it will lol) as he knows his shit about cars being a hell of a good mechanic etc.

As for the rattle its the loose pressure ring insidde the kit being released when the clutch is depressed and is 100% normal on both kits unless you buy the silent type which is rated slightly less in clamp force i belive. i love the sound as its savage haha.

Any issues or questions pm me and ill help as best i can ;)