we are lookong in to them :) we have found a manufacturer

rer to make them so currently sorting the cad designs and assembly they they can be tested against standard items. the other thing we have looked in to is uprated c v joints as it is very rare for the shaft itself to fail the weakpoint is the joint :)

The company DRIVESHAFT SHOP supply them with custom hubs ect so its a full bolt in kit but the same size as standard

/>http://www.driveshaftshop.com/toyota-starlet-90-96-ep82-96-99-ep91-600hp-axle-hub-kit

S some have said its no the axtual drive shafts, tge cv joints are a weak spot but ghe biggest weak spot is the cv goinh in too the hub because its too small do idealy you want custom hubs with bigger wholes for bigger shafts, but if you fit that, that leaves the g/box as the weak point.

Who was it who bought new shafts from toyota ? Sure someone on here did and they were pretty fucking dear !!

It would be awesome if you could get these done james, and even better if they were similarly priced to your new clutch kit haha.

I've had to machine my hubs out to fit bigger bearings so i could fit corolla stub axles to fit c.v's to fit. I do now have to run washers under the hub nut but thats no biggie imo

Problem is our hubs are quite small so you cant fit very big bearings and therefore limits the size of the stub axle in turn the size of the c.v joinr etc etc

Which is probably why the DSS offer a new hub with there kit.

Im sure someone was looking into billet alloy hubs, being the case these could be made to suit an up graded d/s setup on aplication but would make the cost rise as would new bearings and stub axles would be needed along with new shafts and c.v's

And driveshafts are'nt cheap to make i paid £223 for one shaft custom made 30mm short than a corolla gti shaft.

Just my 2p :)

Who was it who bought new shafts from toyota ? Sure someone on here did and they were pretty fucking dear !!

lol, that could possibly be me mate! Bought 2 new shafts that totalled just over £1k haha

I've had to machine my hubs out to fit bigger bearings so i could fit corolla stub axles to fit c.v's to fit. I do now have to run washers under the hub nut but thats no biggie imo

Problem is our hubs are quite small so you cant fit very big bearings and therefore limits the size of the stub axle in turn the size of the c.v joinr etc etc

Which is probably why the DSS offer a new hub with there kit.

Im sure someone was looking into billet alloy hubs, being the case these could be made to suit an up graded d/s setup on aplication but would make the cost rise as would new bearings and stub axles would be needed along with new shafts and c.v's

And driveshafts are'nt cheap to make i paid £223 for one shaft custom made 30mm short than a corolla gti shaft.

Just my 2p :)

that was me :D we knocked in on the head for the time being due to r and d costs, with various testing and reports needed against the number of people wanting them the price would have been way to high for my liking :)

to be fair you dont really see that many shafts breaking, ive never seen the actual shaft snap or shear at all it has allways been the joints that fail, I think if a uprated joint was made for both hub and gearbox were made that would be the ticket :) would be keep the cost down from buying a complete shaft.

are the uprated shafts really needed though?? the only person who had bother is spuddy and his car is making alot more power than most of the other higher powered starlets and it might not even have been the power that killed them more the suspension setup causing it to hop. animal gt just had stock shafts and his lasted fine.

Problem comes when uprated cv joints are fitted, the strain is then ttransfered elsewhere. This could then end up twisting the shaft itself as the next weak point. Its obviously cheaper to replace a joint than a whole shaft, hence why components are designed this way.