hi all,

im thinking that a fmic might be a good purchase soon,

as i wanna get all the safety things done before upping the boost.

but am unable to find a decent priced one,

surely not everyone is spending 400+ for there's ?

i cant seem to find one for less than this anywhere,

im terrible at metal work aswell so cant buy one on ebay and make the pipes fit myself ?

anyone know where i can get one cheap ?

Cheers all Dave

there are some on ebay, problem is unless your running big power the brand name wont help much, these seem good.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Intercooler-Starlet-...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Intercooler...itemZ8013321379

but im note sure how much it will cost for pipes n all.

i quite like petbeemers here im thinking of getting one oneday.

http://www.autofixed.co.uk/toyotastarletexhaustpage2.htm

your options are not limited. you can go new or second hand, you can go for the cheaper brands or OEM parts off cars...

generally if you just want a cheap intercooler, you go for the cheap cores that are of descent size. I would go with the ones on ebay at the top of this page. Think about it, your replacing your tiny cooler with something much bigger, regardless of its efficiency compared to other brands that size, compare the efficiency of that particular cooler to your stock one, and it will work alot better. Mind you i would look for one that has 2.5" inlets and outlets as 3" might be a bit too big.

Ivan

Yeah Ivandr, wouldn't go for much bigger than 2.5" in/outlets. Also if they quote a pressure drop across the core, this is a good indication of the design quality of the core. The lower the, less restrictive and therefore better.

@ glenn, the £100 odd pound ones are more decent than you think mate, just because there not coated in big brand... basically just llike invandr said, its still much much better than standard for cheap money. id be stuck between choice myself.

PWR cores are good but quite alot of money. if you just want a front mount that will do the job but wont cost you an arm and a leg (and you wont be changing your ct9), i would go with something off ebay thats half descent, or a standard item off another car over there that is known to have a good intercooler. (for example, our ford XR6 Turbo's intercoolers are a great upgrade for our starlies, even the ends match up quite well.)

Ivan