Power steering removal help update question.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH i might just loop the esisting ones... If one only goes to the resi and one goes to the pump they will both be useless anyway so i could probs make a loop up.. maybe. I'm gona get the car up high tomorrow and have a look at the bit in the picture above and see how i will approach it.

Dan if you could do me a massive favour and find out the bolt size that would be real helpful just incase i decide to get a proper loop made up! I know boltsbolts (uk based) make kits for hondas for £30 and he said he will/can supply me the kit i need for the same price all i have to do is find out the correct AN size.

I'll throw up a couple of pics in a min. I'll want a proper kit made up. The bolt size is a 17, but no idea on thread pitch i'm afraid, these cars seem to have quite fine thread pitchs i find though. Also the two bolts are different lengths. Not sure if you could make a kit from the existing pipes.

I'll throw up a couple of pics in a min. I'll want a proper kit made up. The bolt size is a 17, but no idea on thread pitch i'm afraid, these cars seem to have quite fine thread pitchs i find though. Also the two bolts are different lengths. Not sure if you could make a kit from the existing pipes.

Cool man, if you want i can put you in touch to have a proper kit made up for £30 from boltsbolts. Let me know when you're interested.

Oh right cool. I was speaking to grant and he said most people just loop the pipes already on the car so im gna get the car up high tomorrow and see how i can go about doing it.

Any answer on the power steering fluid question above?

Yeah those connect to the two holes in the first pic i put up. Tbh i wouldn't bother trying to bodge up a loop from the existing pipes, would prefer this braided loop thing. I'll try and match the thread pitch to something in my tap and die set, ( when i find it, never used it as i's a pro ) and i'll report back hopefully !!

You can cut the hard lines where it goes into the rack and loop it round with a bit of pipe there. That's if your not worryed about putting it back on. Or talk to a hose company about making a loop pipe up

I'm not too bothered tbh lol. And thanks a very good idea, don't know how i didn't see that lol thanks.

Yeah those connect to the two holes in the first pic i put up. Tbh i wouldn't bother trying to bodge up a loop from the existing pipes, would prefer this braided loop thing. I'll try and match the thread pitch to something in my tap and die set, ( when i find it, never used it as i's a pro ) and i'll report back hopefully !!

Yeah cool man! Hm well if i manage to get it all off tomorrow then i MIGHT just do as grant said until i can find out what size the fittings are then order up a kit. But would really like it off ASAP cause it's just dead weight and i like the engine bay space it creates haha.

See the smaller bent pipe to the left of the reservoir in that ^^^ pic, might do the job ?

I just dont wanna cut the bolt ends off the hard pipes, yaknow, just incase lol.

Does it have enough bend tho? Wouldn't it just kink? What is the size of the hard pipe? I might even have somin knocking about in the shed tbh that is suitable.

Yeah i understand haha, i'm a bit shit when it comes to things like that. I'm just like yeah fuck it that'll do haha. But if i can't get the right loop.. what i'll do is cut off the hard pipes with bolts still attached obv, then send them off to boltsbolts, so they can supply me/us with the new kit and fresh bolts. That might work nicely tbh..

With out cutting at least one pipe its not gunna happen. One pipe is pressurised, thats the one that will need cutting the other one just used normal clips so the pipe can just be pulled off of that one and looped over no damage done.

You can leave the resivoir in there i you want to leave fluid in the system, instead of going from the bottle to the pump you connect it to the pressurised pipe (would need cutting) and connect it on higher up, you then have an expansion bottle and room for the fluid to move around freely

Just to confuse things a bit more :p

Not to sure the diameter of the hard pipes, about this size > (O)

2nd option sounds good man, steal some off a N/a in the scrappies haha.

I normally dont mind doing shit moves to the car, i've removed everything i can but just cant bring myself to cut the PAS pipes until i have a new setup sorted. Made that mistake with the ABS brake lines lol.

With out cutting at least one pipe its not gunna happen. One pipe is pressurised, thats the one that will need cutting the other one just used normal clips so the pipe can just be pulled off of that one and looped over no damage done.

You can leave the resivoir in there i you want to leave fluid in the system, instead of going from the bottle to the pump you connect it to the pressurised pipe (would need cutting) and connect it on higher up, you then have an expansion bottle and room for the fluid to move around freely

Just to confuse things a bit more :p

Haha, fuck sake lool now that's another thing to think about ha.

Not to sure the diameter of the hard pipes, about this size > (O)

2nd option sounds good man, steal some off a N/a in the scrappies haha.
I normally dont mind doing shit moves to the car, i've removed everything i can but just cant bring myself to cut the PAS pipes until i have a new setup sorted. Made that mistake with the ABS brake lines lol.

LOL, that's tiny haha.

Bun scrap yards i aint got the time to be trawling through em haha.

Fair enough lol. So you've removed your ABS too? How does that feel? Is the pedal hard as fuck like you know when the ignition is off and you pump the brake pedal? That's what i can imagine it being like?

Come to think of it, i've never seen a picture of your car? You got a build thread lol?