What will i see will I need anything else

What sort of outcome would I get from a ported and ported polished ct9 and ram manifold and inlet ported and polished head decat full japspeed exhaust uprated hoses and ignition lead ported and polished throttle bodie with front mount short route pipe work a civic rad boost controller piggy back ecu I'm not chasing numbers want a nice 0-100 speed with power I can put down don't no weather to get hybrid turbo before remap

Just would like people's ideas I am forging engine but won't b for while so just wanna no what people would run boost wise etc for a fast well balance track car and daily driver I want to have full access to my power at all times acceleration is all that maters not top end and handling b good when we'll my trd shocks and springs not tht there not class but my coilovers will b nicer

Just would like people's ideas I am forging engine but won't b for while so just wanna no what people would run boost wise etc for a fast well balance track car and daily driver I want to have full access to my power at all times acceleration is all that maters not top end and handling b good when we'll my trd shocks and springs not tht there not class but my coilovers will b nicer

Mate, your going to have to use some puncutation. as your sentences are quite hard to read. and that might put people off from replying

But generally:

WHat power figure do you have in mind?

0-200 - CT9/CT9 hyrbid, instant power, full boost very early

200-250 TD04 standard internals - full boost by 4000

250+ - forged internals and TD04 or bigger turbo

Handling has been well covered too, youll want a good set of coils, rear anti roll bar, antilift kit, and poly bush all that you can

Okay punctuation noted ;) . I like to write very fast ,therefore punctuation goes out the window.

Ct9 or ct9 hybrid is what I want tbh.

Save your money from porting and polishing a head. Not needed unless your going to run 350bhp +

I'm getting the head done free :) surely being matched ,ported will open flow and help me ? .

Mate, your going to have to use some puncutation. as your sentences are quite hard to read. and that might put people off from replying

But generally:

WHat power figure do you have in mind?

0-200 - CT9/CT9 hyrbid, instant power, full boost very early

200-250 TD04 standard internals - full boost by 4000

250+ - forged internals and TD04 or bigger turbo

Handling has been well covered too, youll want a good set of coils, rear anti roll bar, antilift kit, and poly bush all that you can

The figure of power isn't for me, just drivability and instant power for track use . Also on the handling front I have trd shocks and springs, with Cj performance coilovers on the way :) .

Okay punctuation noted ;) . I like to write very fast ,therefore punctuation goes out the window.

Ct9 or ct9 hybrid is what I want tbh.

I'm getting the head done free :) surely being matched ,ported will open flow and help me ? .

Will only increase lag because theres a larger volume to fill. If you wanna fiddle with the head get a 3 angle valve cut on the valve seats and look into oversized valves.

Porting a head has got really nothing to do with removal of metal, cylinder head work is 95% shaping, 5% material removal.

Edited by AdamB

porting depends very much on the spec and end goal off the engine, there's so many variables to account for when porting a head. If you were to run 350+ would require maxing metal removal that the gaskets would allow, the exhaust side on the 4e head is shocking, can open it up to 33mm (gasket size) from the standard 29mm, this would require opening the throats considerably, take up to 5mm out the dividers, etc etc.. However inlet side only requires minor work, as you say this side requires only shaping and smoothing. Head should be ported to the spec off the turbo/ engine theres so many variables to consider when talking about porting. Mine just needs smoothing and shaping off the ports to aid the flow off air and restrict it less.

You answered your own statement there mate. Porting the head isn't necessary when running a ct9/hybrid if thats the turbo you choose to run. The head was developed by Yamaha and flows very well compared to some heads i've seen.

I am on a TD forged motor, standard head an cams @ 1.4 bar on a TD04 @ 278, head work is only required if you want more, there is no mention of an lsd in your posts and you will need one once you go above the 200 mark.

An better brakes!!!

John

Edited by ro55ifumi

Flow is not always better. You could have a head that flows 1000 CFM, and a head that flows 700 CFM, if the fuel is not atomised in the air you will lose power.

Your engine at the end of the day, but from an engine builders view, you will lose low down and mid range response and power.

Edited by AdamB

Another engine builder is saying different and works in a very well established place. I'm not here to lock horns just wanted to see if what I thought would be running and what I needed was correct. guess we will have to let the dyno do the talkin and the lap times because we all no when the pedal drops the bullshit stops ;)

If they are working in a well established place why arn't they charging you for it?

The dyno is a tuning tool, numbers is pub talk. Like I said its your motor at the end of the day, but of course its going to be faster after doing some mods to it. Will need comparing to a similer spec engine to be of any comparison.

because hes my friend Adam and im doing him a favour, this has all gotten out off context, jarrods head will be getting the inlet/exhaust ports smoothed and shaped to accommodate better air flow through the head, so we can maximies what the ct9/ct9 hybrid has to offer as he dosnt want to go down the tdo4 route. I have a spare head here and owe him a favour so i said ill work on it for him to maximise the ct9 setup he is looking to run. Your right porting isnt required for a ct9 setup but if ported right and speced to the engine/ setup, it should see some exciting gains over the same setup that has had no head work. If jarrod is willing to maybe we can get a before and after dyno or comapre it to a simulare setup. I've only suggest the ported head to him as i will port it and it wont cost him a penny for the work.

You guys crack on, like I said its your motor.

You won't be able to maximize anything without changing the turbo because the ct9 turbine is the restriction.

Would be more beneficial in terms of time and gains to just fit a water injection kit.