rad pipes going rock solid, overflow filling

right im hopeing this is not the hg! the pipes go rock hard on boost and fills up the overflow with coolant from the rad. after a run the bottom rad pipe doesnt be as hot as the top on so maybe its the thermostat? rad cap? no mayo on oil cap etc temp stays around 85 when driving and boosting (read from the top rad pipe)

any other ideas?

Edited by starletburkie

Doing a compression test doesn't always tell you if you have head gasket failure. Do you have a head gasket tester. Try that then see what colour the fluid goes if it stays blue its fine if it goes yellow your head gasket has blown

If it stays blue. Then try a rad cap, I highly doubt it would be the thermostat because all that would do is make your car over heat

With the rad cap undo it so its at the bit where it can let the air out but the cap can't fall off, and take it up the road see if the pipes are hard or soft. If there soft then it will most likely be the rad cap

Jake

Try removing your rrservior cap and then start your car. Leave it to run, if the water in your reservior bubbles up then you could have a cracked head or HG failure as exhaust gases are mixing with coolant.

Is it using water at all?

John

new rad cap today and pipes not going as hard but overflow still filling up on boost! however it did suck out of the overflow when it was cold because it was half empty this morning and i left it full! still head gasket?

i kinda think there is a smell of fuel but not certain, im going to do another comp test now