Some tips for the people who are going for low offset rims. ep91

As above really just noticed more topics and talk about it here recently. Just a few more things you should do other then just arch rolling. After you roll the arches with a flare then you lower the car from what I found on the ep91 it will still scrub the rears(depending on ride height) so I had to tap the inner arch pretty much the chassis as there is a bulge there which an arch roller wont get rid of. Its fairly soft and will push in handy enough with a mallet.

Because you were tapping it with a mallet you will expose the bare metal so be sure to reseal it with a sealer I used schutz for this you don't want water to travel up your paint and ruin it with rust.

The rear bumper had to be cut for room and the screws moved back as they were also catching the tires from what I found. Not a big job just snip the plastic where its proud in the arch drill holes further back they'res loads of meat there so you should be fine.

Same goes with the front bumper and wings. After the arches where rolled there is still a bit of metal from the wing where the mounting screws are in the arch which I filed back as it was catching when turning and when going around corners at speed. Again just drill holes further back from the oem position and file the materiel back on both bumper and wing for clearance when turning and hitting big bumps .

I wanted to keep the plastic arch liners as I didn't want shite getting up the wings and where the remote filter is. Pretty much trial and error really you can see the marks where the tires catch and just snip away at them until the annoying scrubbing noise goes away or you can turn up your radio and not hear it either lol. Make sure you have a passenger or some extra weight to compress the car a bit lower when doing this. You can get it good by yourself but then a mate jumps in for a spin and it rubs again lol.

I could have not gone to this extent and just raise the car up a small bit or stiffen the dampers to the max on the coilovers but I wanted some comfort and mainly to look right without been a bone rattler. Before I got the work done I had the car higher and the dampers set hard it would still catch but main thing it was horrible to drive on rough roads it would shake the fillings out of your head. The car rides good now sitting where I think it sits ok and has the right balance.

SDC10744.jpg

SDC10743.jpg

You could go lower with some 45 tires but its just a show piece then wont be to nice to drive imo. I had it lower on the te37's before looked epic but a nightmare to drive also sliced my front brake lines because of it that was scary tbh.

It still is a pain as its low not gonna lie ie speed bumps etc but it drives good with a bit of comfort and no scrubbing. I pretty much wanted both function and form, before the work it was just form. I would have added some pics of what exatly was done but I'm in Canada. If I missed something feel free to add as there is a few who have done it. :)

Edited by Corey

That's great mate, il be going the same size but possibly et0 for my summer wheels.

Front arches won't be a problem due to livesports wings but backs will be fun to say the least !