Me gots a problem.

Had this problem for a long while now, probably since i put the civic radiator on a couple of weeks after i bought the car.

I noticed the temp sensor never moved, except for when it over heated when my thermostat died, then it worked fine and shot right up to hot as it should.. But anyway, when normal driving sometimes it does this (watch the video). Really annoys me, as you can imagine. Then once the engine has settled down on the motorway or whatever it just sits on cold and literally won't budge. Like once it's has a flicker for a few minutes, it won't do it again that day.

Thermostat has been changed, brand new one in there. Not losing any coolant, everything is fine. All plugs and sensors are in as far as i can see and feel. So god knows. I'm not overly bothered as will probs get a temp sensor gauge at some point.. But it's just one of those things you know.

Any ideas? Video below..

th_VIDEO0087.jpg

(excuse the noise of the car inside, that's normal lol.. and the radio has to be turned up that loud in order to hear anything LOL)

Yeah my thoughts are also a loose plug or somin. But they are all plugged in as much as they can be! :s. Haven't checked for splits yet though.

I haven't mate no, only the thermostat as it was fucked.

Cool i will have a look this afternoon and see if they do plug in any more and will try clean them up inside with a cotton bud or somin!

Cheers lads.

The sensor wire is shorting to ground. Check the wiring to the sensor and the sensor itself. If you disconnect the sensor wire does it still flicker like that? If it does then the wire will have a short to ground somewhere. If not I would suggest changing the sensor.

i know they can cause overheating issues but not sure about your prob. it was just a thought as its happening now the rad has been fitted. the fact that its flickers on and off randomly could suggest a sensor issue or electrical connection to the dial.

Edited by japcarmaniac