Noel's Auto S 100hp here I come

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corolla 4branch manifold is fitted. No immediate improvement but I have a really cool exhaust note now. :)

It lined up so well with my standard exhaust that it only needed 1 cut and 1 weld to fit, a very handy job.

5efe intake cam has made the biggest difference gainin nearly 10mph more on the 'flagpole to the flyover' dragstrip

Edited by rmsnoel

I doubt None will fit after the rear axle. The boxes are either really short or the box points down with the tail pipe at an angle to bring it out level

Had the same problem with mine. Trimmed into the top of the entry end of the pipe and welded her up. Not the best fitment but you dont notice until pointed out.

Cheers lads. Chris I like the obx one for it can take a db bung to give it that raspy note and I love the bap bap bap from a 4branch and freeflowing box with a small tailpipe. I dont want a jap can thats my only wish. I think a wee 1" 3/4 or 2" rolled out tailpipe would suit my car best ad its not very jap and alittle more 90's portadown on a sunday rallye.

A demontweeks middle box with a 1" 3/4 tailpipe or chris's obx box think ill have to flip a coin on this one..

Gen1 corolla exhaust manifold works! Ive a auto and now when I shift into 3rd the car continues to pull instead if the flatspot I used to get. It was shit until I found the exhaust gasket was blowing out badly and prob affecting my af ratio.

I got so alloy chequered plate to make up a heatshield next, I really notice the increased unbonnet temp without one

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

50mm 4afe throttlebody, paseo intake sytem, gen1 4_2_1 exhaust manifold and corolla intake manifold. Timing advance 12° Ill do a timed run tomorrow and see if its faster though it does feel happier now a high revs. 2013-10-05175751_zps9dc6f1c1.jpg

No man you need the intake piping to create torque. Tried and tested with cold air ducting and green cotton cone I had less pulling power uphill.

Exhaust maybe, Ill just take off the backbox and do a timed run again

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I just put a can of this stuff through my engine. I have 100,000miles and I suspected my valves were not shutting properly. It didnt take long, I had clouds of something shoot out my exhaust dirt gunk etc.

I went for a spin and the butt dyno told me it felt faster. I got to my usual spot, did my usual automatic launch and got to my usual spot were I should be going 60mph and instead I was going 70moh. Thats the same improvement I had from fitting the cams so Ill goin to refit the cams and try it again. Ill also get a timed run when theres daylight. Very happy and for only 8gbp

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=130956068540

Edited by rmsnoel

No man you need the intake piping to create torque. Tried and tested with cold air ducting and green cotton cone I had less pulling power uphill.

Exhaust maybe, Ill just take off the backbox and do a timed run again

TRUE!!!

I've also tried and tested many variant short,long, open filter, closed filter, etc.

Finally coloured my grey indictors silver. Huge difference to the look of the car. Clean and silver instead of that dark look with just clear lens covers. Compare to my very first photo to see the change. I used a silver paibt marker from easons, at £3 it was cheaper than a can of spray and gave a much better finish.

2013-10-20212436_zps90b02556.jpg