steering problems

Bought the car not long ago and I've noticed that when your going round a corner uasually over say 20mph (dosen't happen when your going slow) when the steering wheel reaches about 90 degrees the car will suddenly turn in more, is this normal? It's really annoying especially when your not expecting it and all of a sudden it steers more than you need to!

Any ideas what it could be?

4 things

1 ball joint

2 under inflated tyres

3 if you are accelerating you may have an LSD?

4 get your tracking done ;)

I do have an LSD but could also be a combination of the above ;) do all LSD models do this?

I cant comment whether all lsd's as i dont know, all i no is that mine just pulls me into the corner if i accelerate a little harder in corner.

Id try the ball joints they're not too expensive £15ish each and a fairly easy job. Made a massive difference to my car when i changed them a few years back. Was all wallowy under cornering

I cant comment whether all lsd's as i dont know, all i no is that mine just pulls me into the corner if i accelerate a little harder in corner.

Id try the ball joints they're not too expensive £15ish each and a fairly easy job. Made a massive difference to my car when i changed them a few years back. Was all wallowy under cornering

Yeah that dosen't sound the same as mine, I don't need to be accelerating for it to do it mate, I'll give it a go mate cheers!

Ahh chances are ball joints then.

Oh and first off check your tyre presures it is after all free lol

Hope thats all it turns out to be :)

I'll be doing that soon! fingers crossed! cheers for the help mate!

• 2 weeks later...

Im still standing by ball joints, play or not. If they you have no proof of them being changed, for £35 a pair I'd do it anyway.

Mine seemed fine, changed them and it was a different car.

But if you can find something else that it could be then obviously check that first lol

• 1 month later...

im by no means an expert but i would get laser alignment done, not just tracking. That will be able to check your camber, caster, toe etc...

My cars alignment was way out when i bought it and handled really badly, it didnt steer me round corners but i dont have an LSD