my mates just been round and took me for a spin in his NOVA

160mph on vauxhall speedo's is about 130 lol

Been in a few different converted vauxhalls nova speedos are hilariously inaccurate, we was doing 135mph in a 1.6 16v one, it felt rapid as hell tbf, but on a by pass, 4 cars went past us swift gti 125mph fezzie zs 115mph and a 05 leon @ 110mph was quite funny when he found out how bad his speedo was lolz

Tbf tho im bored of the same swap, put a corsa vxr lump in or a something other than the norm and ill be interested

Shit engines, 2.0litre 16v twin cam that makes 140bhp factory power LOOOOL.

Butttt, they are very tuneable.

Needles to say, i think it looks fucking disgusting lol.

They are a great engine dude bomb proof chosen by a lot of rally heads. Got a spin in a few 2.0 redtop corsas and a turbo nova they were very fast cars the turbo nova was pretty mental tbh. Just look at the qtr mile times some of them run pretty impressive imo.

They were not 140bhp, the 20XE's (coscast head) were 156bhp and the C20XE (standard with cat) were 150bhp. I had a modded 20XE in a corsa and it was pretty quick and very torquey. Only weakness was the piece of shit corsa it was in. They are very goid engines though can take loads of punishment not to mention some of them are over 20 years old and still going strong.

Edited by steve-gers

They are a great engine dude bomb proof chosen by a lot of rally heads. Got a spin in a few 2.0 redtop corsas and a turbo nova they were very fast cars the turbo nova was pretty mental tbh. Just look at the qtr mile times some of them run pretty impressive imo.

Yeah, i just mean c'mon man that power from the stock motor is fucking terrible! Torquey as fuck mind.

Not saying they're shit engines, i know they're good. My mate uses a redtop in his grass track racer! Once they're tuned and get a bit of life in them they are great engines for sure.

I'm just not a massive vauxhall van, i love the noise they make (the vxr's) but wouldn't have one. Would much prefer to stay jap. Imo of course.

Shit engines, 2.0litre 16v twin cam that makes 140bhp factory power LOOOOL.

Butttt, they are very tuneable.

Needles to say, i think it looks fucking disgusting lol.

Agreed. Hate vauxhalls!!! Abso love raping redtop corsas in my 1.6 :)