Bleeding brakes - Anyone used a pressure bleeding system

Hi

I must still have air in my brake system since changing to the EP70, my WMS brakes have always been a bit spongy in the EP70, where as before on the GT they used to be like rocks on the pedal and a little touch would have you almost ripping your organs out.

Now when i push the brakes its more like standard and then it gets to a point where braking harder doesn't apply much more braking force and just feels like air is being squished in the system some where.

So my question is this, i have tried to bleed the brakes the usual method, but I thought it would be more effective to use air pressure to force the brake fluid around the system to bleed it. I have seen kits which fit on top of the brake fluid master cylinder and the pressure literally shoves the fluid out the brake lines, i am hoping this will remove any trapped bubbles i might have.

Anyone got one that fits the starlet, the one i had didn't have a big enough lid to seal the reservoir on the toyota.

Edited by Taggy

Hi mate I had problems with spongy brake pedal feel on my WMS kit, I couldn't get a good pedal feel because air was being stored in the top pockets of the calipers. I got round the problem by adding extra bleed nipples on each caliper so know I have one on the top and one on the bottom.

Check out the 'airboy' bleeders, i've got one at work. It work slightly different to that ^ one, one line goes to the bleed nipple on the caliper and you connect an airline to the connector on the bottle, it sucks the fluid/air out by vacuum. Works well with fuel lines too. Great bit of kit, quite expensive but.