Few questions, thinking about going td04

Would i see a real diffrence in power from going stock ct-9 to td04 without mapping? I am currently a 0.8 on stock ct-9b i have the supporting mods

Front mounted air filter
Hks adjustable actuator
Hdi fmic

Blitz de-cat
Road runner mild steel manifold
Fujistsubo power getter exhaust system.
Magicore HT leads
Walbro fuel pump.

I no i would need to get the car mapped to see good results but funds are low at the minute. I was just wondering would there be a great deal in power without getting the car mapped from stock ct-9 ?

I wouldn't imagine people would do the TD04 conversions if there wasn't a noticeable gain over stock. 90% of people that upgrade from the CT9 either go hybrid CT9 (Which I believe will barely reach 200bhp), or they go TD04, so I'm assuming it's a really good upgrade. I would say wait until you have everything there, including the ECU for mapping, and then stick it all on and get it mapped. I know you might be okay to run it TD04'd on stock management until funds allow it, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Just my opinion, anybody with more experience chime in.

D.

Td04 and the difference is very noticeable weather your mapped or not granted I am mapped to a bar but adzzzz123 is un-mapped and running .6 I believe and his motor shifts well really well intact so I would say there is a noticeable difference

as pick1 and Starbo said above I've been running 0.6 for about a year and a half now on standard management with no problems at all. I got all the support mods out of the way when I had ct9 so do have stuff like fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump, HT leads, colder plugs etc although it's questionable if any of that is needed until you're running more than a bar on td04 lol (other than fuel pressure regulator, you'll need one of them just to be sure!) Massive difference from ct9... Last week I fitted a boost controller and now run 0.8 bar and it's made a huge difference, still on standard management but booked in at race-tech to be mapped to 1.2 bar :)!

Main selling point for me with the td04 other than the power is that it's so much easier to work without that stupid flange you get on the ct9 lol! Hated that and the piping for a front mount on the ct9 is stupid and gets in the way... TD04 ftw. Get the kit now and stick it on with a fuel pressure regulator. You won't have any problems if you keep it to 0.6.

Stay with the CT9 for now and enjoy, save up for management rather than doing half a job.

John

I am getting rather fed up with ct9 now John don't get wrong i do love it but it's boring after 60 :-/

This was when I first fitted the kit, running 0.6 on wastegate pressure. In car video is going uphill with over 30st of people inside.

Looks savage Mate just made me change my mind ever more Lol.

Td04 and the difference is very noticeable weather your mapped or not granted I am mapped to a bar but adzzzz123 is un-mapped and running .6 I believe and his motor shifts well really well intact so I would say there is a noticeable difference

I am now on the hunt for a td04 lol :D

I run 1bar on stock managment for around a year buddy with an FCD and FPR.

fitted everything and took it to Piers Morgan tuning in wrexham to check fuel to air ratio and all was great, made 202 iirc with basic mods

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but could the OP not fit all his TD04 gear, and get an AFR and a air/fuel gauge, check how his fuelling is and adjust accordingly? Just so he has a even mildly better tune than the stock ECU. Not sure if that is likely to work, just an idea until he can get a better ECU.

I've been in two TD04 GTs @ 0.6bar stock ECU (Adam's and Sparky's) and they felt on par (and at higher speeds, faster) than my GT at 1 bar, nuff said!

Do it, you won't regret it!

So would you say, even on stock management, he would be okay to run a TD04, provided he kept to moderate boost levels?

The good thing about upgrading a turbo on a vehicle which came out of the factory boosted vs turbocharging a Civic for example which was N/A originally, is that there isn't such a drastic change in fueling and air flow. Sticking a turbo on a Civic on stock management is basically making a bomb with wheels. If what people are saying is true, upgrading to a TD04 could actually be fine. Everything in moderation though, don't go running 1.1 bar through the engine without tuning :p

Yeah I guess with a Civic (and any NA car really) NA>Boost is a massive change!

They're fine to change turbos on the stock ECU, it has the capability to fuel up to just under 0.8 bar (fuel cut). Then you can go with FCD and RRFPR, Plug and Play ECU, Piggyback or Standalone! :)

But back on topic, WELL worth doing IMO. As soon as I experienced TD04 my CT9 felt obsolete haha. Just saving until I can afford a nice WEPR TD04 kit!

• 1 year later...