i know this post is 4 months old now but i thought id try to bring it back alive by saying i get a quater tank with £10 and it only gives me about 52 miles and thats with driving slow with minor boosting now and then. i use normal shell, esso and sainsburys fuel. can anyone tell me if its too rich?

use high octane these cars are mapped to a lot higher than what the best is over here, but it's helps keep detonation at bay, and you'll also notice your mpg rises.

I get 30~ miles per £5 and that's with high fuel pressure and standard map.

use high octane these cars are mapped to a lot higher than what the best is over here, but it's helps keep detonation at bay, and you'll also notice your mpg rises.

I get 30~ miles per £5 and that's with high fuel pressure and standard map.

well ive not even got a remap as im using standard ecu, according to the last owner the only mods on the car are a FMIC, s/s manifold with a straight through exhaust, k&n induction kit relocated to front grill, breather pipe filter and thats it for the engine mods. TurboTobs your average is not too bad and ive used high octane fuel and gives me the same mileage

Use high octane either way. It should give you more the cars mapped for more it wont be a massive amount. I do have a bigger turbo so I drive it like a n/a (Laggy turbo not daily friendly) which helps a bit, but even with ct9 I was doing similar mpg.

And it'll help keep det at bay! Unless of course your a fan of a blown engine lol

Use high octane either way. It should give you more the cars mapped for more it wont be a massive amount. I do have a bigger turbo so I drive it like a n/a (Laggy turbo not daily friendly) which helps a bit, but even with ct9 I was doing similar mpg.

And it'll help keep det at bay! Unless of course your a fan of a blown engine lol

ahh yeh i was using high octane for about 2 weeks but i shall keep using it. maybe im getting a crap average due to my head being cracked from one of the manifold bolts and mani fold blowing from the gasket onto the head and also a crack on the manifold it self! haha bad times :(

yeh, i usually dont look at the £££s i look at the litres that have gone in, its about 7.47 litres on a tenner but reading everyopnes comments here who are running more fuel pressure and a biger fuel pump are getting a better average then me so i was just thinking either something is wrong with my car or there are modifications done to the engine that i dont know about hmm

my fuel is fucking awesome I used half tank from warrington to newcastle and that was driving normal with some cheeky boosts along the way!

was 151 miles away..

runing tdo4 1.4 bar n all :thumbsup:have fitted new lambda sensor thow

also brothers car is even better his is ct9 hybrid mapped on emb 1 bar....

used like 3 quaters of tank there and back hahahha!!!!!!!!!

Edited by iamlegend

I'd look into two things dude the lambada and also the timing, my timing was off before for some reason whatever happened it went on for a while that I was using way too much fuel to go places even off boost, found the issue and it was fine afterwards back to normal

i would change the lambda sensor, i had the same problem on my old gt, used loads of fuel, when i went to change it, found the wire had broken off, there only about 26 quid from euro car parts, single wire that is

Orite cheers lads.. I think its due to the head and manifold bein cracked and my car is making a rattling noise when the engine is cold.. I took it to garage and he said its due to the manifold leaking and where the manifold gasket goes onto the head he used putty there and it stopped for two weeks but its back now :(