Cruising along the motorway, betwen 65-75ish for about 140 miles yestarday, and the car used almost a full tank :|

1/4 of a tank used to get me about 100 miles.

The stat is still working, revs are high when shes cold and drop when she warms up etc.

In terms of fuel consumption thats bordering on evo territory!

Any ideas?

Boost gauge was sat firmly in the negative, it's only started doing it recently aswell, I usually drive up to see the rents once a month and it's been peachy.

Going to be breaking a boosted Altezza soon so the cash from that can go towards sorting my dire fuel economy!

Edited by Addymk2

Half a tank does me about 150-200 miles at best.

As soon as you mod the engine it will run rich. Get it mapped or live with it lol.#

As for the lambda wait till the engine is hot and test it with a multimeter.

If you have a reading then its working fine. If not then its raped.

Would replacing a lambda with a new one improve economy (even if it's not in desperate need of replacement)?

I got 250km to the first indicated half of my GT's tank, that's the only time I ever measured what the economy was like lol

Would replacing a lambda with a new one improve economy (even if it's not in desperate need of replacement)?

I got 250km to the first indicated half of my GT's tank, that's the only time I ever measured what the economy was like lol

Unless its on its way out replacing it wouldn't make much of a difference. They only provide an "on/off" rich/lean signal to the ecu, so they either work or they dont if you get me. They're pretty cheap though so worth a try.

Ah okay, thanks for the info! Just looking at what I can do to the GT to make it more frugal before I bring it on the road!

I don't have the standard lambda fitted right now, just a wideband and mine is pants on fuel. But she's going to tuning developments on Saturday for emanage and remap so hopefully it will fuel right and get better mpg :D

Edited by funny onion

Problems intermittent :-/ this weekend - 240 miles and she was fine! 3/4 of a tank and that was with various hooning around. Mysterious. I'm putting it down to environmental factors, gravity must of been higher that day.

• 4 months later...

i know this post is 4 months old now but i thought id try to bring it back alive by saying i get a quater tank with £10 and it only gives me about 52 miles and thats with driving slow with minor boosting now and then. i use normal shell, esso and sainsburys fuel. can anyone tell me if its too rich?