fucked again!!!

I was in this position in september of last year asking you lot what i should do as the piston ring and headgasket went on my gt, but you lot encouraged me to get it fixed. So she had a full engine rebuild and then mapped at 1bar on td04 at td. BUT as of today the car starting feeling really lumpy, so i popped the bonnet to find oil coming out of the breather and all over my engine! Cleaned it all up and fitted a catch can and ran a pipe from engine to catch can, then a pipe from catch can to the floor as i could get a filter to fit, but engine is breathing heavy again. Going to do a compression test on the engine tomorrow and see what its reading but am pretty sure rings are gone again :(

Now im at the point now ive got no money as i just spent 1000£ on insurance and im on apprenticeship Wage, and i dont no whether to take the whole engine apart again, wgich i cant be asked to do, try and look for a cheap second hand engine or sell up?

Its my daily car to get to and from work so im fucked without it aswell :(

Please help me :(

Also sorry for going on and hope it makes sense

Edited by kbond

Sounds like ring land I have same problem with my old engine bud. I got some second hand pistons off of here. Tbh if your running a constant bar of boost through a stock engine it wouldn't last to long anyway. It might be worth saving up. And getting a forge lump off someone who is breaking one

yep i am with Socks, any oil blowing out of the top breather is cracked ringlands. Easy to fix if your keeping the engine as is, just take out the damaged piston, swap the rings onto another stock piston and put it back in.

That way you wont have to deglaze the block to fit new rings, which will be a royal pain in the ass for you!

It can be caused by a number of things. But mainly high boost. I bought my engine second hand. I completely stripped it down and replaced everything apart from pistons rods crank etc. and so far it's nearly cost me 500 in parts. But could do it cheaper depends what you want in it

Most of the work is labour, so get your dad to do it, i have some spare stock pistons you can have for free, all you need to buy then is a head gasket, i believe toyota say you can reuse the head bolts as they are not the stretch type and with it being only 5 months old, you should be ok.

Ok thanks for them vids mate were really helpfull

If your sure about them pistons mate il take them and pay for postage and everything should help me get this done alot quicker :)

What head gasket would you recommend? Think i used a standars one last time

Well the lad is tight for funds so no point putting an athena gasket on, the standard one will be more than adequate.

I have got 2 spare pistons which are not damaged, although you will need to take your pistons out and check all 4 for cracked ring lands, when i checked mine two had broken, so check all of them. Once you remove the piston the crack will be very obvious and the ringland will literally fall off usually.

The standard pistons come in 3 sizes, 1, 2 and 3, it will be stamped on the top of the piston, you will need to swap the pistons with the same size, i think i have two size 2's which is the most common size.Also be careful with your piston rings and oil ring as you will want to transfer these to the replacement piston. As the rings are new anyway there is no need to change them as this would mean you need to take the block to the machine shop to be deglazed, which we want to avoid to keep costs down.

If your dad can do the work, which is about a days worth you can fix this for about £60 quid (the cost of a head gasket :) as long as the bores havent been damaged by the cracked ring land, which usually it doesn't, so try not to drive it if possible.

Edited by Taggy

Will most likely be in touch with idrees tomorrow for a new gasket

I no what its like mate as last time i took them out one of the ringlands just fell off lol

Have just spoken to my dad and once i have all the bits will sort a day out to do it all :)