Number plate stickers

If they are visible from the front and fit all other regs they should be fine, ie reflective sizing etc

A friend in his rx7 has one on his windscreen and got pulled, cop told him it was illegal to which he replied it fits every regulation stated whys it not legal, the cop left him alone after that. But i think it does actually have to be on the front of the car lol

If they are visible from the front and fit all other regs they should be fine, ie reflective sizing etc

A friend in his rx7 has one on his windscreen and got pulled, cop told him it was illegal to which he replied it fits every regulation stated whys it not legal, the cop left him alone after that. But i think it does actually have to be on the front of the car lol

Thanks mate yeh be on my bumper just under my passenger headlight. Just gta find where to get one that has the requirements

Ebay will do them bud! Or any custom sticker shop near your area/vinyl shop. There must be a sign company somewhere near you or something mate?

I got my old motorbike size one off my mate who works at a vinyl place.

Cheers mate i just cant think atm round here where they do them. I tried ebay briefly but couldnt find a front one

There is a british standard for number plates which they need to conform to (BS AU 145d) this needs to be marked on the plate to be legal, stick on ones won't be. Plus they look gash.

So how do the jags and anstons get away with having stick on ones??

Some of the small kit cars use them and non-mass produced sports cars from bigger manufacturers too but they're still not legal, the 5-0 just turn a blind eye, plus I'm sure the plate has to be mounted vertically too.

However a lot of plates are illegal and the police won't notice but if you do want a legal one it has to be BS marked.

Just to prove my point, copied from craigs plates....

"Self-adhesive number plates for the bonnet of your car!

These number plates are reflective, and pass BSAU145d reflection tests; the characters are cut to the correct size and font, ie New Charles Wright. The height is 79mm and the spacing is correct as per DVLA requirements. However, these plates are NOT road legal"

I'm not doing this to be a dick by the way just making it clear for you, my plate isn't exactly erm full size...

IMG_1370-1.jpg

Just to prove my point, copied from craigs plates....

"Self-adhesive number plates for the bonnet of your car!

These number plates are reflective, and pass BSAU145d reflection tests; the characters are cut to the correct size and font, ie New Charles Wright. The height is 79mm and the spacing is correct as per DVLA requirements. However, these plates are NOT road legal"

I'm not doing this to be a dick by the way just making it clear for you, my plate isn't exactly erm full size...

IMG_1370-1.jpg

thanks for the info which is good to know by the way. i want mine a bit bigger than that anyway if anyone says anything i'll just ut the original back on :)