Ridiculous Starlet Prices - Why?

I had a m20b closed deck scooby tommy kaira wagon even though it was running big bhp it was not as fun at all as my reliable Glanza... The scooby was a money Pitt whereas the Glanza is so reliable in turn...

Fwd are very very fast and if you look at the NYC1's Civics it's mind blowing what a fwd can achieve I'm astonished !!! Please take time to look I wanttttttt look at the link below

http://www.nyce1s.com/

Edited by Ep'd
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fwd the fastest? All top fuel drag cars are rwd.

The nyce car are quick as they are tin cans with masses of power.

Not saying fwd cant be quick as I've seen 9sec an under civics etc but you take that 9sec civic and put in on an actual track with a 9 second evo, scoob, gtr etc etc the civic would be useless

Fwd is good upto 300-350 on a good chassis for circuit, 200-250 for road. drag is completely different as a 10second fwd will be useless at 90% of other types of racing without serious modifications.

5k to spend on a toy? it would not be a starlet they are cheap to run tax and insure and when a fair bit of modification is done will piss all over most on the road. but they are certainly not the be all and end all of cars. an evo/skyline supra etc are a completely different beast, yes a starlet will keep up but it certainly wont be as good to drive, prices are low due to many things

chavs that dont know what they are worth

economic climate at present is shit

there are alot more on the road than there was 3 years ago

they will drop even more before coming back up so if you have a good example keep hold of it, if you have a rot box get rid asap :) you will notice that mk1 and 2s are worth alot more than most well speced glanzas atm as there are less on the road due to being broken by all the oldies that first had them and hae spent£££ on them

In my opinion starlet arnt and not worth much and will never be worth much do to being an import they didnt really ever have a huge following, for example when i ask any one at my work what a renault 5 gt is they know when i ask them starlet gt is they look at me confused. When you look at the bigger picture starlets arnt well known.

We have looked at numerous Glanzas over the past two years, and to be honest most under 2 grand are not worth buying,however this said there are bargains out there,!

though getting a good example is getting harder to find, as previously stated many have seen the wrong side of hedge bottoms, a lot have been broken now for various reasons,which at this moment in time, means access to decent 2nd hand parts for those still interested in their cars.

At the end of the day we buy these cars cause we are young and cant afford to run/insure say a supra or skyline, for buying a car for 5k youll do well to get faster then a gt/glanza end of, yeh you can get low spec evos ect which are an overall better car, but for an out right fast car, you want power to weight ratio and guess whats got plenty of that......

^

Power to Weight = Glanza/GT

Also you get a lot of car for what you pay. Glanzas are Peachy little cars that are full of joy.

Easy to park, Cheap fuel econonomy, Cheap tax, Turbo'd, A wide variety of optional extras available and so much texhnology packed in to a little jap hot hatch...

They are the way forward! I think the prices will increase if the owners bump the prices up :)