I watched it, like the idea of current progress stored in ram, so turn it on and away you go again from the exact point you left off!

Downloading updates whilst its in standby is also very good news.

Kinda knew that the kinnect style camera would be a feature, and the new controllers are a bit weird, the touch pannel almost looked like an after thought to me but still im sure it will work well :)

And id like to see how well the streaming of games as you download them actually works, i imagine you will need a fairly decent net connection.

But majorly annoyed they didnt unveil the console was looking forward to that. Lol

Bring on the ps4 i paid £400 for the last one so if its the same as that i won't be overly bothered

Gt's over and done with wasnt impressed with the last one, but as theres nothing wrong with the old controller so why change it?

I have to agree nothing ground breaking, but have they kept a few things quiet just incase microsoft hasn't thought about it?

Be interesting to see what Ms come up with, what new features and software that sony hasn't got.

Let the battle commence :lol:

Gt's over and done with wasnt impressed with the last one, but as theres nothing wrong with the old controller so why change it?

I have to agree nothing ground breaking, but have they kept a few things quiet just incase microsoft hasn't thought about it?

Be interesting to see what Ms come up with, what new features and software that sony hasn't got.

Let the battle commence :lol:

I disagree Morgey mate the PS3 pad is 1 of the worst ive ever used!

There are no triggers. Which i think nowadays is a necessity for games.

Also if you are playing say COD when using both analogue sticks your thumbs touch at times which isnt helpful.

I honestly think ATM MS are leaps and bounds ahead in terms of playability and online playing but there will always be the people loyal to the PS I myself was 1 of them but when I got a 360 I've never looked back.

I've got both and never had issues with the ps pad, but the xbox i did.

The pulled back triggers are better but the battery pack (extra) that the xbox controller had always got in the way and i just didnt like the offset left joy stick.

Personal preference i guess but i always was happier with the ps controller.

Online gaming yes the 360 seemed more consistent than the ps3 but this is a new console so hopefully a new network that performs better. After all that is the main thing they were blaring on about in this announcement lol

• 2 weeks later...

Im betting october/november time. Im not sure what the americans call "holiday" as whether its like school holiday time or christmas?

Either way its almost certain both sony and microsoft will have new consoles before christmas as they will give too many sales away to nindento if they loose out on a second xmas

• 1 month later...

Apparently the new Xbox is going to be downloads only so you wont buy discs for the games anymore.

Great thought initially, however you wont be able to buy pre-owned games anymore or do trade-ins at CEX, Game etc.

I think the only way that this will really take off is if the games become ALOT cheaper as they dont have to mass-produce, but will be a shame to see the likes of Game and CEX go......

Anything to improve updates is a bonus. Nothing worse than getting a new game like GT5 or COD, only to find the system needs updates then the game needs updates too! by the time they're done, the excitement has gone and you can't be arsed.