Blown my engine...

The ring gear of the flywheel is supposed to be exposed so that the starter motor is able to engage with the teeth mate.

You did a cracking job though! Are there any blue heat marks on the crank? It could have been starved of oil on that cylinder and snapped that rod.

I do have a boost gauge, as far as the actuator it was fine a few days ago, and could have crept up like you say!

You lot haven't seen the block! 4-5 big holes in there and a crack from the bottom half way up cylinder 4!

Thats not the section of fly engaged by the starter, yes there should be a plate covering that small section of fly and preventig shite getting in, is yours an oem lsd box by chance? If so the backing plate comes in two sections bud, id say the smaller plate has not been fitted, if its not an oem lsd box then you need to swap the whole backing plate for the non lsd box backing plate to cover the gap.

Thats not the section of fly engaged by the starter, yes there should be a plate covering that small section of fly and preventig shite getting in, is yours an oem lsd box by chance? If so the backing plate comes in two sections bud, id say the smaller plate has not been fitted, if its not an oem lsd box then you need to swap the whole backing plate for the non lsd box backing plate to cover the gap.

it is the oem lsd box mate and is there any possibilty something got in there and jammed the flywheel for a second? put all the stress on the crank which then snapped a rod? which just so happened to be the rod closest to the fly, and it also happened after i went past a gritter lorry.

Highly un likely but not impossable, tbh. Id get the missing plate on there anyway for peace of mind. Unfortunatly most people never know what the exact cuase of their faliure is, what set up where you running? Id say it was more ignition or fuel related but tyats purley speculation.

Highly un likely but not impossable, tbh. Id get the missing plate on there anyway for peace of mind. Unfortunatly most people never know what the exact cuase of their faliure is, what set up where you running? Id say it was more ignition or fuel related but tyats purley speculation.

Full straight through system relocated air filter Running around 0.8 bar boost Dyno'd at 164 bhp

hmmm, random. not a huge spec or on e that would be likly to cuase any major spikes as you will hit fuel cut. might be another one we will never find the anser for. is many possable senatios but nothing jumps out as obviouse tbh.

Might be a boostspike and not enough fuel in the mix bud :( fcd's without rrfpr is a recipe for disaster tbh, running lean at higher revs is a killer and im guessing you where overtaking him? Also cold nihts make spikes realy common as the air is far denser and its been pissing freezing latley hence the grit truck i guess :(

Two lads from hull did this recently. A gt and a glanza. The glanza was the most epic, rod 3 punched through the block and the sump several times but he bashed fuel cut for literally yeArs. Went and fitted my old ct9 wepr kit which I told him made mine lean and within a week he killed it. The gt just put a rod through the block at 140mph lol. Gutted for you!

Yeah mine has slammed through the block 5 times and the sump 4! One hole being the size of a 1p coin! So you can imagine fast all of the oil came out! Is a piss take, I know for certain that it will be coming the fuck off my car! And will be going management when the time comes, absolute joke I'm gutted to not even had the car a month!!